Baytril ? for mycoplasma in chooks

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
matowakan
Living the good life
Living the good life

Baytril ? for mycoplasma in chooks

I am interested in what people think of Baytril for chickens who have Mycoplasma.
After a visit to the vet last week I was given a powder to put in with the water for 7 days - no egg withdrawal.
AS this has not cleared it up I went back to the vet and he prescribed Baytril.
I know that some countries have banned it as they reckon you can never again eat an egg from a bird who has had this drug. Other people say wait for 8 days after last dose,others say wait 28 days.
As the vet had only put instructions for meat eaters on the label - dont use any chickens for meat for 8 days after using -I phoned the vet back up and am waiting patiently for him to call.
However I have been looking it up on the net and I am really confused by the conflicting info.
Has anyone had experience of this drug to cure Mycoplasma and what to do with the egg withdrawal. As I have chooks for eggs giving them this drug-which cost £1.20(cheapest vet bill I have ever had!) seems pointless.