PMT and a natural remedy

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Poochy Pie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

PMT and a natural remedy

Hi

Does anyone know of a good natural remedy for PMT. I don't get any physical pain etc but for the week before i am a tearful wreck - i can quite easily burst into tears with the slightest comment. I want to find soemthing natural that i can take - have heard about evening primrose oil and starflower oil - are they good for relieving PMT?

Many thanks

Poochy Pie

citizentwiglet
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: PMT and a natural remedy

I don't have an experience of either of these, but I know of TONS of people who do, so I'd definitely give it a go.

I have used Valerian tea to help calm myself down (I get very agitated when I have PMT and, like you, go to tears at the slightest thing), but you need to check it is safe to take with any other medications you might be on. I also swear by increasing the amount of vitamin B I get - if you like Marmite, then a couple of slices of toast and marmite might be all you need.

I don't get discomfort with PMT, but my first few days of my period used to be agony with really bad tummy and back pain. I'm not sure why, but swapping from tampons to a Mooncup has really helped with that.

Good luck!
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

I have terribly painful periods since having kids. Feels like contractions again in my back, my stomach and a throbbing pain in my downstairs region. I switched to a mooncup from tampons too, but it hasnt made any difference. I just take paracetamol for the pain, usually works fine and its the only thing safe for breastfeeding.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Jekka McVicar offers raspberry leaf tea for balancing female hormones.

Zoe

Poochy Pie

Thanks for the quick replies - i am going to look into the various teas suggested - i guess it will be a case of trying different remedies and seeing what works for me.

Thanks

Poochy

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

st johns worts
started useing it a while back when started getting moad swing as i have started menerpause
works a treat not had any more a want to curl up in the corner a cry sence
should work with pmt to it all hormores
Darn that Wabbit

sheridand
Tom Good
Tom Good

Bit late replying, but I found that after kids i'd get a weepy month, followed by an angry month, and so on. It really was cyclical! I now take 1000mg Evening Primrose oil and 50mg selenium, seems to have levelled it out to a few days beforehand being grumpy. Which I can live with. Most people will tell you 500mg EPO, that's useless.