Exercise Equivalents of various food.

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Durgan
A selfsufficientish Regular

Exercise Equivalents of various food.

http://www.weightloss.com.au/articles/h ... th-it.html

People babble about exercise regarding weight control. The media is humping about this nonsense constantly. Weight loss is impossible by exercising.

Example:
Donut Plain 70g. It takes 57 minutes of walking at 5 km pre hour to eliminate one donut. This is not waddling. Most people waddle km per hours.
Pizza – 2 Slices 94 minutes.
Cola – 1 Can 26 minutes.

okra
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 35.0
longitude: 33.4

Re: Exercise Equivalents of various food.

Weight loss is a simple equation. Consume more calories than you burn = weight gain. Consume less calories then you burn = weight loss. The whole weight loss industry is a money making machine.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Exercise, though, keeps you fit - quite an attractive reason for doing it, in whatever form. Weight loss is also a good thing, assuming you're overweight in the first place. In which case, go on a diet (a proper one, though, not a doohicky new-world stupid one with the description macro-anything). Eating less fat usually does it. If that's not quick enough, cut down the carbohydrates temporarily.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Durgan

okra wrote:Weight loss is a simple equation. Consume more calories than you burn = weight gain. Consume less calories then you burn = weight loss. The whole weight loss industry is a money making machine.
Me thinks the essence of the article is:
But in order to persist with a diet, many of us include food treats to keep ourselves from getting bored. The problem with this is, once we’ve consumed a treat we have to burn it off.

In this article we tell you how much exercise it takes to burn off common food treats so you can decide whether they are worth it or not.

harðfiskur
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
longitude: 0.1822° E
Facebook Name: paula

okra wrote:Weight loss is a simple equation. Consume more calories than you burn = weight gain. Consume less calories then you burn = weight loss. The whole weight loss industry is a money making machine.
well said!
Put yourself in front of the mirror and jump: all what you see bouncing you don't need (well, in big lines :wink: ).
Once you pass 45 years old or so you can survive on very little food (albeit varied). By building fat your body is telling you that you don't need so much food!!!
Your body will be very understanding of the odd treat if you generally intake the right amount of food.
This is my own deduction but I am pretty sure I am right.

Durgan

harðfiskur wrote:
well said!
Put yourself in front of the mirror and jump: all what you see bouncing you don't need (Don't include the obvious).
Once you pass 45 years old or so you can survive on very little food (albeit varied). By building fat your body is telling you that you don't need so much food!!!
Your body will be very understanding of the odd treat if you generally intake the right amount of food.
This is my own deduction but I am pretty sure I am right.
Sounds great from where I sit.