Post a picture

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
cobminor

Post a picture

How can I post a pic on this forum that is not hosted on the web? I have a pic on my phone that I cannot put up. I have searched but cannot find out how. Thanks.

oldfella
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Re: Post a picture

Maybe its to stop people from posting pictures on our site when we have never heard of you. :?
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

cobminor

oldfella wrote:Maybe its to stop people from posting pictures on our site when we have never heard of you. :?
Funnily enough, I have never heard of you either, and to think I was going to share pictures with you. Thanks for being so helpfull.

GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi cobminor.. I'm afraid I skipped past your first post when I first read it as it's a little non-specific and you hadn't previously introduced yourself - what oldfella is hinting at is that it reads very like something generated by a spambot (and we get a lot of that - I'd show examples but the mods are getting better at deleting them). Your response sounds much more human! Why not take a moment to introduce yourself..

I don't think this forum provides any server space for hosting images, you'll need to host them somewhere (get a free account from Flickr, Photobucket, Instagram, etc) and then link to them here with a IMG tag.
Curently collecting recipes for The Little Book of Liqueurs..

cobminor

George,
Thanks for a civilised reply, just what I was looking for. The introduction would be a bit pointless now, I am 'on my bike' as it were. There are other forums that probably lack the sarcasm.

GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

cobminor wrote:George,
Thanks for a civilised reply, just what I was looking for. The introduction would be a bit pointless now, I am 'on my bike' as it were. There are other forums that probably lack the sarcasm.
Aye, there probably are.. but few better on this subject that I've found.. ;)

We have had a rash of spambots recently, I think this morning is the first in a while I haven't RTM'd one (yet), and it's been getting tiresome. They've all made first posts very like yours - non-forum specific that could be dropped into any English speaking forum and appear to be relevant, no introduction or welcome message. It makes everyone cautious about being welcoming.

Anyway, good luck wherever your bike takes you.. ..

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Was that a spam the other morning, the lady with the children whose husband had died, it seems to have gone completely

GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

I didn't see that one.. there have been a couple of thread necromancers dredging up old threads and adding the line, "I agree completely with what's been said", with usernames like discountshoes453. That's the most obvious ones. The problematic ones are thealong the lines of "Hi, this looks like a great forum", Baz72 - if you can't trust the Captcha software because it's an elderly version long-since cracked by the spammers, then the ambiguous posts need close attention.

oldjerry

I'm a bit hacked off,'cos I could do with some discount shoes,...having said that ,if Old fella's upset the guy,he wouldn't stay long on here!!!