10 Reasons not to home educate

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
marshlander
A selfsufficientish Regular

10 Reasons not to home educate

This really brightened my day :sunny:

This is 1 - 3 :lol:

1. The house is trashed.
It's trashed the minute I open my eyes, to the minute I close them at night. Some days I don't open my eyes at all. Some days I photograph the floor, and call it installation art. Then I go berserk and threaten everyone with black dustbin liners. Whatever. Basically, the house is trashed.

I guess if you send the kids to school you can photograph your sofa cushions, and everyone says, that's nice. I cannot find my sofa cushions. They are made into a house for the unicorns. Probably, in the time it has taken to type this sentence, they are off the sofa, down the bottom of the garden, and up a tree.

2. There is no free time.
Really, none. Nope, not enough to shop alone, or slide off to the gym, or scoff a chocolate bar in secret under the stairs. I have tried. One of the little critters will come and hunt you down and find you and snatch that chocolate treat from out of your mouth before demanding paint and string and how do you spell the word microscope because a unicorn up a tree with your favourite cushion wants to be a scientist and, by the way, did you know the sink is orange?

If you send the kids to school I bet you can write novels, paint pictures, mend the fridge, go to work, and cut the hedge.

3. There is no privacy.
Of course you cannot have sex at all if you home educate. Not at all. Because the children are there all the time and don't think they're going to bed at 7pm. No. They are only starting to read TinTin and the Lake of Sharks and have no intention of turning out any lights before midnight, matey. By which time you and your desirable partner are both snoring away, utterly exhausted.

If you send the kids to school you can have sex on the kitchen table with the ironmonger while both of you wear saucepans on your head.

You'll have to visit Grit's blog to read the rest;-
http://gritsday.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/ ... ucate.html
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: 10 Reasons not to home educate

:lol: That was funny. Thats how i feel like somtimes being a stay home mum.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

oldjerry

Sounds like our place ,and we send ours to school.
Interesting about the sex thing,I think I vaguely remember something like that.Come to thnk of it,when I got back from Gloucester on Monday,I couldn't find a single saucepan.........

The Riff-Raff Element

You'd have to tie the saucepan on with string, I suppose. And in our house someone would end up with a buttock in soggy cereal.

marshlander

The Riff-Raff Element wrote:You'd have to tie the saucepan on with string, I suppose. And in our house someone would end up with a buttock in soggy cereal.
:pale: Too much information
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

Keaniebean

Soggy buttocks with cheerios on them is such a turn on though Jon, especially if you 'draw' rude pictures with them. :lol:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Mithril2
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie