handmade xmas ideas

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
safronsue
Living the good life
Living the good life

handmade xmas ideas

ohhh better get going, it's creeping up on us. i need to send token pleasantries to families in the uk so i need to keep things light. so far i am thinking of cards and pot pouri of herbs sown into muslin squares. what are other people making for xmas gifts? Are you sending handmade cards? got any tips? whatchadoing? help me out....need inspiraaaation :santa: :dontknow: :salute: :scratch: :cheers:

The Riff-Raff Element
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: handmade xmas ideas

Oh God - is it that time already??? I am bereft of any inspiration and think I might just go back to bed. I'm not very good with Christmas. Sorry.

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

I was thinking of giving some of my cherry tomatoe cuttings iv got in pots in the livingroom. I'v got too many and when they get bigger i wont have room on the windowsills. But they don't really do christmas here so no one is expecting anything and my family at home will be satisfied with just a card with a hello and an update from us and we'll skype on the day too. I'm doing christmas dinner here for some of our friends. I did the last christmas we were hear too, nobody had eaten turkey with stuffing and gravy before, or roast potatoes and carrots and parsnips with honey. MMMMMMM can't wait to have another christmas dinner party :cheers: although at the last one some random people came and we ended up with loads of folk in the house, i have a memory of claiming the brandy and drinking it out the bottle... :lol: ahhh christmas fun and hangovers :lol:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

matowakan
Living the good life
Living the good life

I decided to make all my Xmas pressies this year (seemed like a good idea at the time!).
An easy thing to do is to make a felt or fabric heart with a pocket made at the bottom of the heart into which you put a mulled wine spices bag,made of muslin,with a card on how to make this.
Also made some jewellry,fridge magnets,knitted items.I have tried to use what I have lying about the place instead of buying anything.
Anyway best of luck with what you do
:icon_smile:

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

The little bags of herbs sound lovely, and you could include a few recipe cards with them - maybe different herb mixes for different recipes? Maybe a few themed cards - three recipes for chicken, or three for pasta dishes or whatever? Make the recipe cards look pretty and tie them up with a bow! People are always looking for new ideas for food, and edible gifts will not end up gathering dust on a shelf somewhere but will be used and appreciated.

safronsue
Living the good life
Living the good life

morning all, so cute smelly sachets it is then. best dust off the old singer.
Demi, i never thought of taking cuttings from tomato plants, genius idea! hope they make it through for you.

sleepyowl

I will make cards for my close family & friends (I tend to do sketches of festive plants) but I don't tend to do cards much. I will also bake cookies as my sister will be cross with me if she doesn't get a batch, a batch will also go to work.
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/