Fancy a house in China with good transport links?

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
marshlander
A selfsufficientish Regular

Fancy a house in China with good transport links?

This is incredible, the authorities have built a four-lane highway around a solitary apartment block in China after residents refused to sign an agreement to allow their home to be demolished.
china.jpg
china.jpg (70.85 KiB) Viewed 4480 times
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... veway.html
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

niknik
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Fancy a house in China with good transport links?

saw something similar years ago in North america..........., they´d held out for more money..... and the farmhouse, ended up int the middle of a spaghetti junction type complex of roads........

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doesn't surprise me. There's a few places like that. There's one house (just a house) on it's own in the middle of a road for the same reason.

There's no compulsory buying here, so if the residents don't agree to the government buying their property, the government can't buy it.

Houses tend to be left in wills and built by successive generations as well, so the government can say 'after x amount of years (when its reasonable that the current owners will be dead) we will buy it' but they can't just take it.

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

To be honest if it were me I'd have moved but without getting too political about it I applaude the system over there. I can't help but compare it with a recent programme on the tv all about housing in Britian which showed an elderly woman being forced out of her house so it and the surrounding houses could be flattened for developers.

Pete

southeast-isher

i like that photo

marshlander

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2 ... shed-video " house that was left stranded in the middle of a newly built motorway in China has finally been demolished after its owner accepted a new compensation deal. Photographs of the house went viral on China's social media websites last month after 67 year-old duck farmer Luo Baogen and his wife refused to sign an agreement allowing it to be demolished"

I had to laugh when the farmer was reported to have said he needed a five story house for his wife and his chickens
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey