Chicken rehoming Grantham Lincs

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
marshlander
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Chicken rehoming Grantham Lincs

Re posting, can you help?

We have hens being released from the new enriched caged system in December – can you offer some hens a new home for Christmas, rather than face the slaughter house. Although the weather is chilly, they won’t mind, and will enjoy a lovely new life.

The re-homing date is SATURDAY 22nd DECEMBER 2012 in Castle Bytham, near Grantham

If you can give a home to some lucky girls, and offer a small donation, to cover our costs of purchasing the hens, and transport etc, please reply back to this email, or give us a call on 01884 860084 Mon to Fri 9am – 4.30pm for more information.

As I am sure you are aware, you would need to be able to keep the new hens separate from your stronger hens for the first week or so (certainly during the daytime) – ideally so they can see each other, but not actually get at one another.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing from you.

The BHWT re-homing team

01884 860084 Mon to Fri 9am - 4.30pm
hens@bhwt.org.uk
British Hen Welfare Trust
Hope Chapel
Rose Ash
South Molton
EX36 4RF

* Charity shop: www.bhwt.org.uk/shop/index.php
* Facebook: www.facebook.com/BritishHenWelfareTrust
* Twitter: @BHWTOfficial
* Careline: 01362 822904
* Free Range Friday: join in our national fundraising and awareness campaign!
* For a fundraising pack please email freerangefriday@bhwt.org.uk

The British Hen Welfare Trust is a national charity that re-homes commercial laying hens, educates the public about how they can make a difference to hen welfare, and encourages support for the British egg industry. Its ultimate aim is to see consumers and food manufacturers buying only UK produced free range eggs, resulting in a strong British egg industry where all commercial laying hens enjoy a good quality life.
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chicken rehoming Grantham Lincs

This is so worthwhile. Sorry I can't take any, too far away, but I used to regularly get a batch of ex battery hens to give them a bit of a life. They used to look a bit miserable at first, moving in a group and not understanding the weather, but after a few weeks, their feathers would start to grow back and they were getting the hang of scratching the ground, after a few months you wouldn't have know they were battery hens. They lay plenty of eggs and we used to have ours for a good couple of years before they expired. Good luck, I hope they all get homes

Lyn

niknik
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Chicken rehoming Grantham Lincs

only wish i Could. but a tad too far! I want/ need a couple hens, and none available now till about march