A New Blog About Off Grid Living, Building, Gardening & More

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
ylisa7
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

A New Blog About Off Grid Living, Building, Gardening & More

The Mike and Lisa Adventures...Off Grid Living, Building, Green Living, Remodeling, Gardening and RVing

After almost 5 years of posting stories I decided to put it all in one place. I started a blog this week and am slowly adding stories from the beginning. I am adding the Off Grid stories one by one by chapter. I will also have gardening, remodels, building and some cooking.

Please check it out...post comments on my blog and tell me what you think. I really love hearing from people and am always open to new ideas...also any suggestions for my blog would be nice since I am new at it

Check it out here:

I hope this is OK to post here. If needed please move

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A New Blog About Off Grid Living, Building, Gardening &

here's my blog, got up, drank tea, flogged my guts out all day, fed animals,drank tea and ate cake, ate my dinner, went to bed fell asleep, got up ............ don't think I have an interesting enough life or enough time to bore everyone with me blog ....... but then I am become an increasingly cynical and grumpy old woman

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing3:
I totally agree.
Not only would my blog be as boring as hell, I have no idea where I would find the time to actually write one.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

What's RVing? I'm guessing it's driving round aimlessly in one of those big gas-guzzling camper vans, yes? Green living?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

I don't have time to write a blog either, i already spend too much time at the computer as it is! Need to cut back. Soon as the last frost's over there'll be lots to do in the garden. My husbands pruning the fruit trees just now, im just stuck in the house with the kids, winter is boring.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi ylisa and welcome
It's ok - you don't need the link to find the blog. Looks like you're doing an amazing amount of work. I'm sure you'll have a lot of experiences to contribute to our forum.

Zoe

Uller
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Green Aura - some aspects of RVing can be green, just depends on how you do it. We spent 18 months travelling around Europe in a motorhome, albeit a smaller one than Mike & Lisa's - mostly solar power with only occasional mains in dull weather, extremely frugal water use (100l tank lasted us 2 days) and we got around 24mpg. When I compare our overall fuel/water usage to what we had when we lived in a house, yes, I think our motorhome was greener. More fun too!

Mike & Lisa - really looking forward to having a look at your adventures!
Blogging about a new life in Portugal - http://www.aportugueseadventure.wordpress.com

ylisa7
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

SusieGee wrote:Hello Mike and Lisa and welcome to Ish. We'd love to hear more about your off grid living so please join in the general chat in the forum, tell us more about yourselves and get to know us too.

I have removed your link for now as we do not allow links to blogs until you have established yourself as part of the forum (25 posts). :wave:
Ok...that's fine:)

ylisa7
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

diggernotdreamer wrote:here's my blog, got up, drank tea, flogged my guts out all day, fed animals,drank tea and ate cake, ate my dinner, went to bed fell asleep, got up ............ don't think I have an interesting enough life or enough time to bore everyone with me blog ....... but then I am become an increasingly cynical and grumpy old woman
LOL...my life is a wild adventure since I moved in with my DH almost 15 years ago. I have no idea what crazy things we will do.

ylisa7
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Odsox wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing3:
I totally agree.
Not only would my blog be as boring as hell, I have no idea where I would find the time to actually write one.
Time is always a problem. I have a lot more time in the winer but when the weather breaks I want to be outside working:)

ylisa7
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Green Aura wrote:What's RVing? I'm guessing it's driving round aimlessly in one of those big gas-guzzling camper vans, yes? Green living?

Our Jeep guzzles more gas than our Van Camper(RV). And no we never drive around aimlessly. That would go against our grain. we go from point A to B as quickly as we can. Get R' Done:)

I didn't say we live Green..we live Off Grid which means some things will coincide but not all. :wink:

ylisa7
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

demi wrote:I don't have time to write a blog either, i already spend too much time at the computer as it is! Need to cut back. Soon as the last frost's over there'll be lots to do in the garden. My husbands pruning the fruit trees just now, im just stuck in the house with the kids, winter is boring.
I hear you. I hate being stuck inside in the winter. It's snowing right now...UGH!!!

ylisa7
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Thomzo wrote:Hi ylisa and welcome
It's ok - you don't need the link to find the blog. Looks like you're doing an amazing amount of work. I'm sure you'll have a lot of experiences to contribute to our forum.

Zoe

Thank you:)

ylisa7
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Uller wrote:Green Aura - some aspects of RVing can be green, just depends on how you do it. We spent 18 months travelling around Europe in a motorhome, albeit a smaller one than Mike & Lisa's - mostly solar power with only occasional mains in dull weather, extremely frugal water use (100l tank lasted us 2 days) and we got around 24mpg. When I compare our overall fuel/water usage to what we had when we lived in a house, yes, I think our motorhome was greener. More fun too!

Mike & Lisa - really looking forward to having a look at your adventures!
That is so cool. Our Class B van gets 21mpg. Our old motorhome was a fuel hog. It got 7-9 mpg. I'm glad we now have the smaller one:)

I must confess though...I am a water hog. I love to cook and seem to always have an endless amount of dirty dishes, pots and pans.

oldjerry

OK I'll bite (but I still think you may be Boboff having a winter laugh),How do you garden,and cruise around in a caravan at the same time?