UK Bees petition

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Cassiepod
Living the good life
Living the good life

UK Bees petition

Hi everyone I've received this through a friend at work. Please consider signing the petition (if you agree with it) to try and get some action on this issue.

Breaking news! This morning, an important parliamentary committee said the pesticides that are being blamed for killing our bees should stop being used. [1] They agree with scientists and other governments across Europe that these pesticides are a danger to bees.

But Owen Paterson, the environment minister, is refusing to listen to the mounting scientific evidence. In just a few weeks he will vote on whether these pesticides should be taken out of use across Europe. Last time he refused to vote in favour. This time let’s make sure he votes to protects our bees.

The petition to protect our bees is growing fast, more than 100,000 of us, including you, have now signed it. If we can grow the petition even larger, we can send a message that he’s not only going against science, but he’s going against public opinion too.

Please can you forward this email to your friends and ask them to sign the petition too? They can sign the petition here:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/ ... 9336/VEsE/
Bees pollinate apples, cucumbers, strawberries, tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, cabbage, broccoli, carrots and many many more of our fruit and veg. [2] France and Italy have already taken steps to ban these pesticides but our minister is putting his head in the sand.

With this new report, Owen’s refusal to act looks even more ridiculous. Even his fellow MPs are saying these pesticides should stop being used. He talks a lot about protecting our bees, but his actions seem to do nothing but protect the pesticide industry’s profits.

If we can get the petition to over 150,000 we’ve got something rather special planned. We’ll build a mock-up ‘mountain of evidence’ and wheel it right to his doorstep so that he can’t ignore it.

38 Degrees members have a great record on protecting wildlife and the environment. We joined together in our thousands and helped stop the government selling off our forests. We’ve pressured the government to postpone the badger cull. Recently we’ve even helped stop the Lake District being turned into a nuclear waste dump. [3]

Please can you forward this email to you friends and family and ask them to sign the petition:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/ ... 9336/VEsF/

Thanks for being involved and helping to protect our bees,

Robin, Megan, Hannah and the 38 Degrees team.

oldfella
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Re: UK Bees petition

Done
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

Carltonian Man

Done also. thanks for the link Cassiepod

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Done twice (Mrs Odsox & myself), with relatives UK postcodes.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.