End of an experiment

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

End of an experiment

Some of you may know that I started an experiment to have freshly picked tomatoes all year. Well due to change of circumstances I have now ended that experiment. OH is now home all day and our winter lunches are now soup and bread (both home made of course) and our tomatoes are not getting eaten, plus this year's winter ones were infested with some weird fly, so yesterday I picked all the ripe ones and threw the plants outside.
All in all the experiment was a great success, and we have had fresh tomatoes to pick for a continuous 80 months, and that's nearly 7 years :shock:
So now it's back to "normal" tomato growing, just ripe toms from June to December. :iconbiggrin:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: End of an experiment

I think it was a great experiment, I never had any luck at all trying to grow them indoors, they always got some lurgy or other. How did you get on with the Latah, I usually get my first tomato around the middle to the end of May from them from a January sowing

doofaloofa
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Cool

Did you keep any records?
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

doofaloofa wrote:Cool

Did you keep any records?
Yes, most of them are on this forum.
The only trouble is with this new improved forum, once you could search the whole forum for old posts, now you can only search for a key words on individual pages, so looking for posts I made about tomatoes several years ago is a mammoth task :(

Would you believe I didn't make a note of the Latah, Lyn, so I have no idea when I picked the first one. I found this post from last year, although I see that the forum move has corrupted my photo to a certain extent > http://www.selfsufficientish.co.uk/foru ... 12&t=27534
I have set a few Latah to chit today, so I must remember to take notes this year. :study:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.