Hello again from France, been away for a while

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Weemary
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello again from France, been away for a while

Hello everyone, I haven't been on this site since around 2008 then I was living in apartments and small houses so only did container gardening and window boxes and the like. I can't remember my old password :banghead: so I'm starting again, since then we have moved around a lot following work but now we have settled down in what we hope is our 'forever house' with our own garden at last! :cheers: The house and garden had been left to ruin a good few years before we bought it but I'm slowly bringing it under control, most of it will be for the kiddies play area, a set of swings, sand pit etc, but there is a small part along the back garden wall where i have removed some big thorny bushes and plan to use this space as a veggie patch. Yes at last i can grow stuff! :cheers: and i know from being on the site before that you don't actually need a heck of a lot of space to grow some fruit and veg. There is so much weeding and lifting up a bit of the grass to do before i can really begin but i have already prepared some other ground along a sunny wall and planted just a few raspberries and a kiwi , I had been advised by my father in law to watch out as the raspberries can be very invasive but looking at my wee plants just now nothing but 3 little sticks for each plant poking out the ground it's hard to imagine. Well I'm looking forward to starting our own veggie patch with the kids. Waiting for seeds that i sent away for to arrive from the garden centre but they dont send out till the optimum planting period which i suppose is the second half of February/beginning March here but that will give me time to prepare the soil, if the rain holds off. Looking forward to see what we manage to grow. :icon_smile:

doofaloofa
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Hello again from France, been away for a while

Hi
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello again from France, been away for a while

Hello, welcome back