snaileries

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
maisieandgrace
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

snaileries

Years ago I remember bob flowerdew talking about snaileries instead of wormeries.Has anyone tried it ? Did it work OK? Can anyone remember how to make them?
Has anyone used the plastic beehive wormeries?Any thoughts on their effectiveness? Thank you!

RunnerBean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: snaileries

My whole garden is one massive snailery :lol: Sorry, not helpful. Sounds intriguing though.

maisieandgrace
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

That's my problem too, I don't have many slugs, but the garden is overrun with snails. I just thought I'd make the little beggars earn their keep! Although as apparently all snails found in the UK are edible, I'm tempted to grow them and feed them to the dogs....suitably boiled of course!

RunnerBean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Would that kill off the lungworm? We looked after a dog once that just ate them straight out of the garden. Too bad we couldn't keep her, she was the best slug control ever.

I think most things are edible if you add enough garlic. :mrgreen: Is this any help? Bob's basics.

maisieandgrace
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Im sure boiling them would kill of the lungworm.thanks for the link, I'll have a look at it :icon_smile: