Fullness and self sufficiency

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Fullness and self sufficiency

Someone turned out an old Kenwood food processor from the back of his garden shed in better nick than mine which was due for replacing. Thanks neighbour - and son-in-law says the same for the Kenwood juicer which saves him going to buy one.

I've just looked at the cupboards to find a space in which to store the accessories for the Kenwood food processor and found them remarkably full. That's food and clothes and household goods. Well except for the undercrackers that are going to have to be replaced today. There comes a point when the holes are in the wrong place you know :wink:

So it's going to be a case of self sufficient and empty the cupboards no matter what peculiar mixtures turn up in the food and no matter if the clothes don't quite match perfectly.

How did this all happen? Obviously not a good case of self sufficiency been going on :?

ina

Re: Fullness and self sufficiency

Well, I have the cupboards full of stuff I don't dare chuck out - because they might come in handy in future, you know... And yes, that's what happens if you do get rid of stuff - you find you'll need it once it's gone. You get rid of a set of mugs, and next week you drop half a dozen of the ones you've been using for 20 years. A friend of mine gave away a dish washer (that a neighbour who was moving out didn't want), and a month later hers broke down...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I seem to be having real difficulty emptying my food cupboards and freezer, of late. We've been on a fairly strict diet since OH was ill last year and are slowly losing weight, which is great. The weird thing is we don't seem to be eating any less but we're buying far less (not accounting for stuff we grow) and the cupboards etc aren't emptying any quicker. Spooky. :shock: :lol:

And you're right, ina, that thing you've been hoarding for years, that you can't really remember what it was anyway, becomes blindingly obvious and absolutely vital the week after you bin it or donate it to charity. :roll:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Flo

Someone has the magic porridge pot problem if the cupboards won't empty even though you are eating.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I'm doing a Coursera course called The Human Microbiome Project. It's extremely interesting, although that's not the point of me telling you about it. :lol:

Over a two week period we had to log everything we ate and drank. I thought we were still eating meat on a regular basis but when written down it became obvious we're only eating it 3-4 times a week at the moment. And I'm still freezing leftovers. So I think that explains the never-emptying freezer.

We're getting through a lot more nuts though!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am very full at the moment, having scoffed ps broccoli, sweet potato, braised red cabbage, parsnips and Arran victory roast potatoes all from my plot, so feeling very satisfied with my self sufficientish dinner,with some mince for the meatloaf from a local butcher who sells his own reared beef.