Homemade Gifts for teenagers?

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
2steps
A selfsufficientish Regular

Homemade Gifts for teenagers?

Has anyone got any ideas for 14 and 18 year old boys? really suck on this one :s food is ok for the older one Laughing he'll eat anything but my littlest brother has food issues so its not poss. He's also not especially in to anything - he likes computers and aeroplanes

Stonehead

Re: Homemade Gifts for teenagers?

2steps wrote:Has anyone got any ideas for 14 and 18 year old boys? really suck on this one :s food is ok for the older one Laughing he'll eat anything but my littlest brother has food issues so its not poss. He's also not especially in to anything - he likes computers and aeroplanes
Hmm, water bottle rockets? I managed to pressurise one up to 115psi - it travelled 115 metres (measured with a wheel) horizontally and about 25-30 metres vertically. Most of the time you just shoot them straight up and see how high they go.

The University of Leeds has a web page about them, which includes links to various sites on how to build a water bottle rocket.

You could make a basic rocket for them and them give them plans and parts for more sophisticated models.... but stand well clear!

bwaymark
Tom Good
Tom Good

We've done water bottle rockets as well and my 14 year old particularily loved it! Had some real fun one day blasting them into the air (basically you use a bike pump to fill a plastic bottled with air (but using a ball inflation needle through a cork) until the preasure builds up so much it launches into the air.

You could also make an advanced paper airplane kit (basically research some good designs and get some pens, paper etc into a package for him). You could also do a (safe) homeade explosives kit (I am not thinking huge bombs here, just things like ping-pong balls full of match heads etc) if you think he is responsible enough not to do something stupid.

Another thought it to cultivate him a plant (or a cactus).

You could also try your hand at making a rubber band gun out of wood (http://www.geoffholden.com/content/projects/rubberband/) or something else....
-----
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." -Benjamin Franklin

den_the_cat
Living the good life
Living the good life

or a nice lockable wooden box for him to keep his, erm, homework in?

Redecorate his room for him.....customise a pair of jeans.......make him a cd or DVD rack..... boys are a real pain to get presents for whatever their age :(

bwaymark
Tom Good
Tom Good

Or make him a good compilation CD .....
-----
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." -Benjamin Franklin

legendaryone
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Give him a packet of Mentos and some diet cola and get him to make a cola rocket :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... tos+rocket

Makes you wonder what is in them.

2steps

was thinking a cd of useful freeware too?

Should of said they are both a bit designer labelly :roll: I think they'll like the rockets haha but will my mum! :lol:

Found this site too http://www.york.ac.uk/res/sots/activities.htm think I'll do some fizz powder and found instructions for making ginger beer

den_the_cat
Living the good life
Living the good life

2steps wrote:Should of said they are both a bit designer labelly :roll:
There are some people for who homemade isn't appropriate. Charity shops have designer stuff though :wink:

bwaymark
Tom Good
Tom Good

knit them both black jumpers with the parada logo in white going across the chest :-)
-----

2steps

now thats a good idea :lol: definatly agree with you though. I don't do homemade for my birthmum or sister as they don't appreciate it at all and act like it's not a real present or didn't take any effort

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you want to get them something they will appreciate - a 14 and 18 year old girl, respectively :mrgreen:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

den_the_cat
Living the good life
Living the good life

tricky to wrap though.....

legendaryone
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

But think of the unwrapping :wink:

2steps

:lol: should I just kidnap some? any volenteers? :wink:

red

how about homemade t shirts,, you know with those printable iron on thngs.. . or.... put together a kit of such... you know some plane white t shirts,,, some of the special transfer paper stuff.. maybe a cd of freebie banner maker arty software...
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog