Selfsufficientish is offically strapped for cash

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

http://www.organic.selfsufficientish.co ... debags.htm

there ya go Hedgie

Great bags they are too...
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

are you set up to take paypal?

I have no idea where my cheque book is (i put it in a safe place...), but i do have Paypal details here. I want a bag (maybe two).

And...a donate here button with paypal link is a good idea too.

hedgewizard

Before I buy any more bags - you might want to think about how people can make small donations to you (other than sending a cheque). I'm thinking that as an alternative to auctions we could run a "do without something" campaign to raise a little money. From today's paper to a rented film, if people just had it in mind to do without one thing for the campaign and donate the money instead, it would raise a bit of cash. Thing is, we need to figure out the most efficient way of doing it without handing money to paypal or the post office (and don't forget non-UK people!)

Might I point out that there's nothing on the main page indicating you're even looking for cash? I know you say you're not wanting donations as such, but some of us might WANT to give you a little dough rather than buying bags etc. If you wanted to give something in return you could set up a new addition to the good life pantheon just for donors. Have a think on it!

Martin

a though has occurred about affiliate schemes - you could join up with a few of your choice - then all you need to do is have a "buy through us" forum - just bung the links in, and sit back to wait for the money to roll in! :cooldude:
Off the top of my head, there are loads for webhosting companies, poster and holiday sites, bookstores.......... :cooldude:
You'd have to be careful to choose good companies, but it could provide some much-needed extra funds! :dave:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Boots

Can you link in to a 'selfsufficient' ebay page?

Then you can list all merchandise and we can all buy it from wherever we are. Regulars can also lob in their items here for listing on the Self sufficient ebay page and you could send on their win after taking out a commission.

If folks are not regs, then maybe ask them to send the product to you first for distribution.

If you already have an ebay username, just check your personal profile to set up a page on behalf of selfsufficientish and you can then link it here.

I would like to buy some bags. I have just realised that I am a carry bag collector... I have a trolley full of near new ones and always forget them when I go out, so have to buy another.

If you list them, will you PM me please?
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Merry

I saw there was a `Donate` button on the main homepage but when I pushed it nothing happened. Was it me? :?

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Merry wrote:I saw there was a `Donate` button on the main homepage but when I pushed it nothing happened. Was it me? :?
No; it only appears as if nothing happened. You wait till you get your next phone bill - look under 'non-itemised calls' - probably be about a hundred quid of calls you don't remember making!
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Shirley

Ahhhh now that would explain why my phonebill is so high :mrgreen:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Merry

Are you joking?
I can be a bit dim at times and I`m not very computer literate.

Martin

panic not! :wink:
nobody would be daft enough to do that on a forum where quite so many have access to a muckspreader! :cheers:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Merry

Cheers Martin :lol: :lol:
Wotta thicko! Doesn`t know when she`s being teased :oops: :lol: :lol:

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Martin wrote:nobody would be daft enough to do that on a forum where quite so many have access to a muckspreader!
'ere; who are you calling a muckspreader??

Merry: Yes it was a tease. But I still bet there'll be a lot of calls you don't remember making.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Merry

Akcherly there`s always stuff I don`t remember doing these days! :roll: :lol:

The Chili Monster

Hi all
it is with much embarrassment that I report that I am simply too fat to fit into my coat.
I simply refuse to buy a new one: it's only about a year old.

I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT.

I spent much of the weekend sourcing a second-hand bike and then fighting with it to adjust the height of the saddle and fit some lights.

Yesterday (Monday) the weight control regime began.

Now, to the point. If anyone would like to sponsor my weight loss to raise money for the site, then I'm prepared to share the details of my progress. Obviously, I'm going to have to work out how to publish the evidence on the web (probably will involve scanning a reading from the weighing machine at the local leisure centre).

FYI, I appear to have successfully crammed 16 stones into a five foot two frame. Clever me. I should be between 8 stones 2 pounds and nine stones something. I aim to shift 6 - 6 1/2 stones.
"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~Author Unknown

Support Team "Trim Taut & Terrific"

Boots

Your worried about a coat? Bloody ell, they are yet to design full body swim suits over ere... and this summer is becoming scarier by the minute.

I think your idea is great - and will sponsor you without hesitating. Heck, I'd even join the challenge just to provide you with some Aussie competition - cos the Ashes grab is getting a bit dull, eh? Still need Paypal or some means of transferring dosh though...

...I have no idea what pounds and stones are ... so will wait till a mate comes over to help me sort that. I am 5foot 1 when I'm excited so maybe we are comparable. I think I could happily lose about 15 kilos, so someone might know if that is similar.

Ya wanna have an international self-sufficientish Biggest Loser comp?
I will see if Nev will shake some pom-poms and hoot Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI for me...

...and maybe Stoney might help with an on farm workout regime... :shock:

Oooh. gettin a bit scared now...
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz