Save cash and save the planet

By popular demand - The book review section.
ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Save cash and save the planet

A Friends of the Earth book; authors Andrea Smith and Nicola Baird. Collins, £12.99.

Full of interesting information; a book for browsing rather than reading through in one go. Every subject covered from birth to death (DIY funerals anybody?). I think it would be a good present for people who don't know that much about "green" issues yet, but are generally interested. There are lists of things you can do to save cash and be more environment friendly that cost nothing, that cost a bit and save more, or that need investment but might save a lot in the long run.

The only thing I really don't like about this book is the colour of the cover... Striking bright pink and greenish yellow! Grrr... :mrgreen:
Last edited by ina on Tue May 09, 2006 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

shiney

This is a good book Ina. I bought it for Tracey for her birthday. I found it was cheaper at Cygmus Books (think that was how it was called).
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I enjoyed this book very much.

It has lots of post-it notes sticking out of it now. I marked the pages that i wanted to go back to.

islanz
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Lots of good tips, I have read parts of it over and over. There was a box about one of my friends too, about eco building, which was pretty cool. I did however find it very british!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will be the odd one out here and say that I was not that impressed, there was nothing much new in here most of the information was stuff that I have read in Sunday papers.

It did not go into enough detail about each thing, instead focusing on case studies that you don't really need to read about.

Sorry, just my opinion.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging