Monolithic Domes

Anything to do with environmental building projects.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Monolithic Domes

Has anyone got any experience with these?

They look fabulous!!

Karen_Grace
Tom Good
Tom Good

Monolithic Domes

Just had a look at them Fee.
They look very organic.
Not sure if I like them or not, but thats not unusual, I'm mostly not sure about anything!

Thats why I've got no tattoos!

:blob:
Karen

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think they look great, but then i'm a big fan of earthships too. I think i'd like a mixture of the two, maybe the main living areas earthship style, with monolithic domes added on for bedrooms, bathroom, etc.

Not that i'm rich enough to even think about building my own green home yet...

I'm impulsive, i always said i'd rather regret the things i did do than the ones i didn't. that's why i've got purple and turpuoise hair, 35 piercings and 4 tattoos...

Karen_Grace
Tom Good
Tom Good

Monolithic Domes

Thats a lot of piercings! :cooldude:

My partner's a piercer as well as a tattooist so I get mine for free, but I dont have anywhere near that many.

Now I have to go and look at earthships, cuz I haven't got a clue what they are. :?
Karen

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I trained as a piercer for a year, and i have another 2 years to go before i can get my own studio.

I see piercing and tattooing as artistic rather than 'macho' or fashionable, so i ended up with loads because i kept going to the bloke who trained me and saying 'i've had an idea' or 'Do you think this would work'...it took me a few times to realise that these were bad phrases to use in his company!!

Going for some more in March though. i want some microdermals and a load of surface work to tie in with the work i already have.

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oouuuuch!
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Muddypause
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

the.fee.fairy wrote:I trained as a piercer for a year, and i have another 2 years to go
Flippin'eck. Three years to train as a piercer! Ya mean it's not just some bloke with a darning needle anymore?

When I was young, long before any other bloke I knew had a pierced ear, I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, needle in hand... This was at the height of the punk rock era, and rather than put a boring, predictable, bourgeois ring in my ear, I inserted a paper clip. Hell, I was cool...

Then it became fashionable for blokes to have a pierced ear, so, not wanting to be merely fashionable, I did it again and became the first bloke I knew to have two piercings in one ear.

Trend-setter, that's me!

Huh??

They've long been taken out, now.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are a number of different trainng opporunities - there's the 4 day learn everything course where they let you out with a piercing gun on the public.

You can apprentice another piercer, which is a good way to learn provided they were trained properly in the first place.

I'm training with a fully trained person who trained with the EPPA (European professional Piercers Association) which takes 3 courses with exams, and then final exams. you have to use models before you're allowed loose on the public, and they just go into a lot more detail about history, techniques, sterile procedure etc.

I've always decided that if i'm going to do something, i'll do it properly, so i decided to go down the long route..

And, Muddy, i've stoof in front of the mirror with a safety pin too, but that was before i knew better!!

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mates of mine did the same thing, but were usually drunk at the time...... :mrgreen:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/