The Selfsufficientish Bible coming to a bookshop near you

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
pskipper
Living the good life
Living the good life

If you are passing through Trowbridge pop in for a cup of tea and see the tiny garden :)

Cheezy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hi 3M,

It's the usual story works got in the way of real life :wink:

However I've just booked a days holiday for tomorrow and I'm down the lottie toiling over the nightmare I've landed myself.

Currently I'm digging to a fork and a half's depth and removing by hand every bit of couch grass , mares tail and thistle root I find.

I'm piling it up in a heap, which I think I'll take a picture of once I'm finished to put on here. You would not believe the amount of root!.

Also it's the Darlington Springthing Folk/Beer festival starting tonight,so I'm going to need a day off and plenty of fresh air tomorrow!.
It's not easy being Cheezy
So you know how great Salsify is as a veg, what about Cavero Nero,great leaves all through the winter , then in Spring sprouting broccolli like flowers! Takes up half as much room as broccolli

Millymollymandy

Rather you than me - mind you we did that 2 years ago. It does get easier afterwards, really!

I do like watching your avatar, so try to post more often, pretty please! :mrgreen:

diver
Living the good life
Living the good life

Blimey, I haven't visited the site for ages but was an early member....well done and congratulations to both of you.

Millymollymandy

Hi diver! How are you?

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

diver wrote:Blimey, I haven't visited the site for ages but was an early member....well done and congratulations to both of you.
Hello again Diver, blimey was what said too when we got the deal :lol: Nice to see you on here again.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

mithril
Tom Good
Tom Good

Book!! Wow! Think I'll have to get one of those. :lol: Seriously though, well done! Look forward to any updates and hope you don't suffer writers block ever!
mithril.

hedgewizard

By the way, has anyone warned you it takes about two years for royalties to start coming through, owing to the "negative balance" of your advance?

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

hedgewizard wrote:By the way, has anyone warned you it takes about two years for royalties to start coming through, owing to the "negative balance" of your advance?
I had kind of worked that one out. Don't worry I am used to working the 9 to 5 to pay the bills.
and...... Twitter

hedgewizard

Glad to here it - (I think) - it's something that surprises a few first time authors!

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

I don't know anything about book publishing but I had friends in the music industry. They warned that you have to be careful of the record company deducting expenses out of your royalties. They send a limo to pick you up and take you to the recording studio and then they deduct it from your royalties.

I guess in this case, be careful if they send a coach and 4 :lol:

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thomzo wrote:I don't know anything about book publishing but I had friends in the music industry. They warned that you have to be careful of the record company deducting expenses out of your royalties. They send a limo to pick you up and take you to the recording studio and then they deduct it from your royalties.

I guess in this case, be careful if they send a coach and 4 :lol:
I don't think they would ever send us a limo :lol: Our agent will take out some expenses for photocopying and such, we tend to do everything via email so these costs are kept to a minimum and it is more environmentally friendly.

I was just talking to Dave about cash as it goes and we both agree that as we grow a lot of food it does not matter so much if money was to run out. Just have to make sure rent and bills are covered. My income for the last tax year was around £5000 so I am pretty used to being skint.
and...... Twitter

diver
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi, and thanks for saying "hello again". As one of the earlier members I am delighted to see the site continuing with it's success. I am now almost self sufficient in that I only eat what I grow ( I am veggie) and honey from my bees. I produce virtually no rubbish. I don't go to supermarkets and my house is on the market and I am going to buy a small holding.....not to sell anything but so that I can keep hens and goats.
Being self sufficientish is a lot of hard work so I rarely come on the site now but it is good to see it so successful.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

diver wrote: my house is on the market and I am going to buy a small holding.....
Wow, that is a big step diver. I sincerely hope that it all works out for you, must be quite exciting at the moment.
and...... Twitter

Millymollymandy

Sounds great Diver - good luck for the future.