I'm fed up!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I'm fed up!

I've fallen off a horse yet again :roll: and have probably broken my foot! By probably I mean that the doc at the Xray place said there was a fracture above my 4th metawhatsit but the GP said he couldn't see any break and it was probably just twisted.

Whatever! It's swollen like a ballon and blue and I can't walk so I'm hobbling on crutches, which is exhausting, and my house has steps even on the same level never mind the stairs. I'm supposed to just lie about with my foot raised up to reduce the swelling.

Poor hubby has got to do everything and is not a happy bunny, because this is the 3rd fall in about 15 months and each time I keep getting injured! :(

Not the best time of year to be laid up and I feel really bad that my hubby is running around doing all my chores and having to look after me, and work, though thankfully he works from home.

I can't get to the computer much either as it is on the first floor and I can only do the stairs on my bum!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Tigerhair

OHHHH MMM - You poor thing! I suppose you could still do weeding sat down if the ground is dry enough?!

How did it happen, were you thrown?
Tigz x

baldowrie

see MMM, I knew there was I reason why I don't like horses!

Millymollymandy

I was jumping, there I was thinking how my riding had improved! :oops: The mare I was on is normally quite placid but when she sees a jump she livens up, and this jump I couldn't slow her down enough and she took off too early (or I leaned forward way too late). I do wonder how people back in the olden days who leaned backwards over jumps actually managed to stay on..... :lol: Anyway my right foot must have got wrenched in the stirrup as I fell to my left. :cry:

baldowrie

tip for stairs for you

coming down go down on your bad foot (with crutches) first, reverse it on the way up

Tigerhair

Ouch honey... I have to say that is why I no longer ride... but I blummin' miss it!

I banged my ankle really really hard a while back and then twisted it several times because it was weaker - which was just a setback - be careful that you don't twist it once you start putting your weight on it again as it HURTS and sets yo back.

{{{big hug}}}
Tigz x

chadspad

Bummer M3!

Hope your foot gets better real quick and heres a hug to cheer u up!
My parents B&B in the beautiful French Vendee http://bed-breakfast-vendee.mysite.orange.co.uk/

Millymollymandy

Thanks guys! Now I really must go and 'get up' to face my day of lying on the sofa!

ina

And stop hitting your head against the wall - it's bad enough having a broken foot, you don't want a broken head, too! :wink:

Sorry to hear that. But think of all the gardening books you can read now, and all the plans you can make for next year. Pity it didn't happen earlier in the year; one thing that's good to do sitting down is pricking out, and potting up... OK, would have been even better if it hadn't happened at all, I know.

Or do you have any cherries to stone, apples to peel or anything like that? Socks to knit for winter????
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

chadspad

Doing anything whilst lying outside in the sunshine sounds like bliss to me!
My parents B&B in the beautiful French Vendee http://bed-breakfast-vendee.mysite.orange.co.uk/

Martin

arnica tincture on a dressing helps, as do natural vit c supplements, which help take the bruising down - hope you feel better soon - take the opportunity to get a good suntan! :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Wormella
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.8045
longitude: -2.1154

Your could start knitting things for winter. I'm sure it will be scarf time soon enough!!
I'm increasingly of the belief that any shops situated on or near retails parks only serve to make people unhappy.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Poor you M3!

At least there's the prospect of a couple of weeks rest!

Shirley

big hugs - i understand your frustration xxx
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

OH MMM poor you. I can really sympathise. You really must rest it and keep it up. I know it's frustrating but it will takes ages longer to heal if you don't. Can you put the sun lounger in the garden and practice your french or something?

Is there no way the computer could come downstairs just until you are better? Second thoughts, probably not, otherwise you'd have done that already.

You will have to make it up to your hubby when you get better :wink: :wink: then he won't mind so much.

My poor right leg has taken a battering just recently. I've got a patch of ecxzema on my shin. Not sure why, I think I have narrowed it down to an allergy to the soap that I've been using. I then got bitten on my ankle, boy does that itch! It looks really nasty but I put tee tree oil cream on it which has kept the swelling right down. Then I walked into my solar cooker which was sitting in the middle of the patio (which idiot put it there I wonder - oh there is only me) and cut a great big gash on the other side of the same ankle.

It all itches like mad. Antihistamines are helping with the rash and the bite and the tea-tree oil is helping everything. But I daren't wear a skirt or shorts at the moment as it looks like my leg is about to fall off :roll:

Plenty of wine needed to anesthetise the pain.
Zoe