101 reasons to love Freecycle

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

101 reasons to love Freecycle

1. I got given a beautiful 1950s singer sewing machine yesterday. it is wonderful and has all the original attachemnts, instuctions and everything!

hamster
A selfsufficientish Regular

2. A ginormous mirror (that still needs putting on the wall.....)

3. Virtually all the crockery in our new house.

4. When we collected the crockery, we found the lady who gave them to us also sold eggs from her hens.
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

floraadora
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

5. 5 demijons to start making wine

6. Lots of jam jars for when I first made jam and chutney

7. dog loo (still never used)

8. 3 spare air beds for camping

Was offered a lovely sofa but it was cream, so not practical with my lot but it was great to have the chance. I'm sure there are more things I've had from freecycle, just cant remember.

red

9 we got rid of load of things I really did not think would go.. like a single pack of cork tiles, etc... and it feels great to give to someone grateful, rather than dump something still useful

10 we now know someone who is constantly trying to get rid of a pile of rotted down horse poo.... brill
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

11. giving sophie's old baby stuff (cups, bottles, top and tail bowl etc) to an emergency and early years foster parent; knowing it would be well used.
12. knowing that today a pine high chair left Tea's house to go to yet another home: my mum got it off freecycle gave it to me. I painted soph's name and a hedgehog onto it. soph outgrew it and so I passed it on to Tea for Zach... Zach hates it and can now climb out of it so she's relisted it. So glad to see it go to another mummy who's child is also called Sophie lol!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

cir3ngirl
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

13. snails with tank

14. an old fish tank (which now has snails in it)

15. the recorder for my son to learn at school

mrsflibble

16. ride on tractor which soph can't yet reach the pedals on, but nevertheless she loves sitting on it and making car noises
17. soph's car mat rug thing with roads on it
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

18. Getting rid of a whole load of junk that the Ex had left behind and knowing that someone is going to get use and enjoyment out of it. Also saved me countless trips to the tip :cheers:

Zoe

floraadora
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

19. Woohoo, getting a Hoover Turbo in good working order (our hoover cuts out after 5 mins!)

possum

expensive mountain bike (just needed a new tyre)
two cane shopping baskets
topsoil
chest of drawers for the garage
petrol lawnmower (cleaned the thing to with an inch of its life , brought it over here, and flamin thing won't cut our coarse grass here, so gave it to someone with nice soft town grass)
and i got trid of a load of stuff before the move over here, though in hindsight i wish i had kept
Opinionated but harmless

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

got rid of
9 rolls of wallpaper, bought without thinking it through
Christmas tree, well loved, well used but fake, and we plan on a potted one this year.

I spent all last night trying to figure out how to start a new freecycle group, as my nearest on is now in Glasgow 25 miles away, and some of the members are from 40 miles away. Not only that but their are so many new posts every day that I was spending nearly half an hour deleting them all, plus it was slowing down my inbox for important stuff.

Anyways, they don't seem to let you set up UK groups anymore :? , I tried don't dump that, but it is not as popular a site and it seems a little too quiet.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Ranter
Living the good life
Living the good life

28. got radiator cradle thingy for cat
29. got pieces of foam, to use for cushion on wicker chair I'm refurbishing. The foam was covered in lilac fabric which was perfect to back the patchwork cushion cover I was on the verge of finishing.
30. Gave away a fridge to a young couple with a young baby, whose fridge had just broken down.
31. Met new neighbours down my road when it transpired they were related to a lady who was having a YHA guide from me. I delivered the book & spent ages chatting.

Lots more stuff given & reeeived. A fab system.

cir3ngirl
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

32. The generous people who have delivered things to me when I explain that I do not drive and need to find a bus to suit everybody. They then need to come into town for something and will drop off. :cheers:

mrsflibble

33. got rid of 6 pairs of shoes yesterday. and I delivered!

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Annpan wrote: their are so many new posts every day that I was spending nearly half an hour deleting them all, plus it was slowing down my inbox for important stuff.
I found this was a real problem as our local freecycle site is very active. I edited my profile so I don't get the e-mails any more. Now I just view the message board on the web. I find it's much easier. I just log on when I want something or want rid of something.

That reminds me, I have some chairs to list. I should do that before I forget.

Cheers
Zoe