The fisherman, the golf course, and Donald 'The Fart' Trump

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
9ball
Living the good life
Living the good life

Signed what I can, I've just got the horrible feeling everyone will just get steam-rollered with this
Tom

Smooth Hound
Living the good life
Living the good life

it was in the bag along time ago, thats why they stopped aberdeen becoming the world leaders in alternative technology, there wqere to be windmills out at sea, all the way up the coast for abut 30 odd miles from aberdeen up to about cruden bay, but donald trump stamped his feet and said that if the windmills could be viewed from his golf course then they wouldnt build it, so the technology idea was dropped , which is a shame for aberdeen because they are reliant on the oil industry at present to maintain a large population which has built up over the yrs to cater for the oil industry, it would have been good for them to be able to continue there imployment in the alternative technology growing industry, but it looks like when that time comes then its going to be work on the golf course or move to a more prosperous area, .
it seems that permission was given even though 5 sections of society were against it, on the basis that the business leaders of aberdeen want it, which is ironic really as dt hasnt even told them where they fit in, and as he is known for stamping his feet and throwing his toys to get his own way is not reassuring. i have a strong feeling that it wont be long before they realise they have made a mistake. but like you say no one has said much, just a feww environmentalists, so it will go ahead. in a way it serves aberdeen right for not taking enough interest in the future of their city, but it is still a shame

Martin
A selfsufficientish Regular

those greens - the little mowed bits where the Rupert-trousered buffoons poke balls down holes with sticks - they look rather vulnerable...........it would be a frightful shame if.................. :mrgreen:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

This featured on BBC World Service the other night, and seems to be getting a fair bit of international coverage.

The reporter said that the farm was most definitely not an eyesore, as Trump described it, and the area was extremely beautiful. But he did say that local opinion was divided about the plan for the golfing complex.

So far, only outline planning permission has been approved, and the farmer in question said there was a long way to go yet, nothing has the final go-ahead, he was going to fight on, and he appreciated the support he was getting from all around the world.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

QuakerBear

QuakerBear

Smooth Hound
Living the good life
Living the good life

:shock: i must say , i am vry surprised, what a releif, whether he apeals is another thing though, like they say mr trump , ifyou want to do business, then dont come to n e scotland :cheers: everyone :lol:

Shirley

Yip yip yippee! Money doesn't get you everything Mr T!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

ina

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Chickenlady

Amazing! I hope he doesn't do a Tescos and go quiet for a while then sneak back in with some small revisions to get it through.
Haste makes waste

ina

He keeps insisting that he does it in honour of his mum, who came from Stornoway - maybe he should find somewhere nearer there? Does he know what Scotland looks like, and how far away Aberdeenshire is from Stornoway?
Ina

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

I'm sure he was very fond of his mum, but you can honour someone's memory more discreetly and appropriately than this. And, after all, maybe the farmer/fisherman chap wants to honour his dad by keeping the farm going.

Anyway, three hearty cheers so far.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Smooth Hound
Living the good life
Living the good life

ina wrote:He keeps insisting that he does it in honour of his mum, who came from Stornoway - maybe he should find somewhere nearer there? Does he know what Scotland looks like, and how far away Aberdeenshire is from Stornoway?
From what i understand he is already looking at that, cant see anyone playing there more than once, unless they want to practice there drives in windt conditions :lol:

ina

Yeah, I often wonder who had the stupid idea to play anything with a small ball in Scotland... But that's the Scottish for you: I once watched them play tennis in gale force winds in Stonehaven! :shock: I think it was more a game of luck, if you managed to hit the ball!
Ina

ina

Heard on the radio today that there has been a "public outcry" at the council's decision, and that they'd reconsider their decision. From my point of view, the outcry was one of relief and joy (although I know some that really do want the thing to happen...). Blast. Bet he'll get his permission. Money alway wins. :cry:
Ina

Smooth Hound
Living the good life
Living the good life

yhey have sent a delegation of the business community over to new york to speak to trump and try and work a way of it to go ahead :wink: told you, iif it were you or me then that would be that, but things are different if you are of a certain type/class/wealth if he does get it overturned then i think wewill all be able to see what goes on :roll: