Is sesame seed oil good for colds?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
inishindie
Tom Good
Tom Good

Is sesame seed oil good for colds?

My favourite salad dressing at the moment is sesame oil, but it has a multitude of other uses, most of which claim to have tremendous health giving properties.

Sesame oil has been used for years in Ayurvedic medicine. This holistic system (that originated in India more than 5000 years ago) includes sesame oil being massaged every day into the body, using long strokes on the limbs and circular movements on the joints. Sesame oil (be sure to use cold pressed and preferably organic) is said to be the very best natural skin conditioner. When rubbed on, it penetrates to the very marrow of the bone, eliminating toxins that are thought to cause aging.

WHAT SESAME OIL TREATS

Research on the subject claims that many illnesses can be effectively healed with the application of oil therapy: headaches, bronchitis, lung and liver conditions, toothache, thrombosis, blood diseases, arthritis, paralysis, eczema, gastric ulcers, intestinal disorders, heart and kidney ailments, encephalitis, nervous conditions and female disorders.

COLDS AND FLU

A remarkable quality of raw sesame oil is that it can clear the mouth and throat of cold and flu causing pathogens, simply by using a tablespoon of the oil as a mouth rinse. During your morning bathroom routine, take a small amount of oil into your mouth and chew it and swish it around while you do other things. The RAW oil will attract and hold bacteria and toxins. To really clean the mouth and throat it will have to be done for about twenty minutes. Do not swallow this as the mix becomes more and more laden with toxins and pathogens. The golden oil will turn white. Spit it out and rinse your mouth with warm salt water and brush as you normally would or use bicarbonate of soda.

The claims are that germs will be gone from mouth and throat. Bleeding gums will heal. Teeth will whiten. Tartar will be gone. Breath will be sweet. Colds will diminish or disappear completely.

A word of caution:

Whereas the oil therapy can be very helpful to people, it is not a substitute for ongoing care by a qualified health practitioner. If in doubt don’t do it.

Cheers

http://inishindie.blogspot.com/

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Really interesting - thanks.

I've just had seeds smooshed into a butter on my toast this morning - omega butter apparently. I found it rather enjoyable. Mine was from The Food Doctor but no doubt I could make my own instead.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

inishindie
Tom Good
Tom Good

pics

Hi shirlz

I like the photo link (and the co-op of course!) Who does all of the photograpy? Is it a group thing?

Ian

http://inishindie.blogspot.com/
Last edited by inishindie on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shirley

Thanks Ian.

The photos are mine but we do also have a Neeps flickr group for others to add their photos to.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/