101 wonderous objects fished out YOUR OWN rubbish!!!

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

101 wonderous objects fished out YOUR OWN rubbish!!!

Right, this is weird.

Today I was taking a bag of rubbish out to the wheelie bin (it was full of wallpaper and bits of plaster that decided to fall off of the wall) and in MY wheelie bin was the following...

There was some paperwork relating to failed MOT of a blue ford fiesta and a log of incidents from a lorry company in the blue cool bag, including Names, registration details and addresses (that takes the biscuit for identity theft, huh) :shock:

I am stumped :?

Answers on a postcard please
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

red
A selfsufficientish Regular

definitely weird... too good to throw away.. all camping stuff.. might have been nicked?

perhaps tell the police...
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

It had crossed my mind...

We live in a very quiet small village, no crime, but relativley affluent, so it isn't that far fetched that some one would chuck the stuff out, but why into my bin?

It was quite carefully placed in the bin... not just thrown in... at first I thought a friend or neighbour had dropped it off for us - as we do go camping- and always accept any hand-me-downs that people are willing to offer (and I like Bens Brother), I thought that maybe some numpty had put it in the bin to protect it from the rough weather. But I have spoken to the most likely candidates and it wasn't them.

My next thought is that it was the truck driver across the road who might have cleared out his cab into our wheelie, but as you say, too good to throw out, I'll pop over tommorrow and ask, before I contact the police.

:? :? :?
Ann Pan

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

ina

Strange. Who or what is Ben's Brother?
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

It/they are a band... not a particularly famous band... they do get played on Radio 2, and I quite like them.

I will go across the road... in a friendly manner... later to ask if it was them who dumped stuff in my bin... I don't want to cause an upset, I am thinking that "Was this your junk you threw in my bin? I am going to call the police" might sound a bit harsh... hmm I must think of the wording, I'll take E with me and her winning smile should keep them sweet.
Ann Pan

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Milims

Is you bin near to the entrance to your property? It's possible that someone has simply put their rubbish in your bin without setting foot on your property and believe it or not - that's allowed! And hey - it could have been worse - it could have been a bag of completely useless carp that was dumped on the pavement outside your property!! Hhhmmm - could this be a case of never look a gift wheely bin in the lid?? lol
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup, our front door opens onto the pavement and the wheelie has been sitting out there... it should be round the back but we have been using it for heavy rubble and crap since we have been doing our building work and since we are terraced it has to be dragged through the house to put it out every week (yuk) ... so we just leave it out.

I don't mind so much about people using the bin for rubbish just I think that the stuff is too good to throw out, even if it was intentional and as red says, they might be stolen.
Ann Pan

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

red

might be something daft like.. someone lending camping equipment to a friend ' I put it in the bin to keep it dry'...only got the wrong bin...

Still i would not be comfy with it.. would approach police if asking around got nothing...you can just say 'I wondered if it had been a mistake'
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Welsh Girls Allotment
Living the good life
Living the good life

It is a bit strange but then again some people have no value on things my initital thought was that a car had pinched - maybe drop the documents at the police station and keep the rest !! As for throwing Bens Brother in the bin - how very dare they - he is fantastic

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Did you ever get to the bottom of it?

I was attracted by the title of the thread as when I emptied the hoover contents into the compost the other day I found a long lost earring, hurray! either I hadn't hoovered that particular spot in a while or hadn't emptied the hoover bag in eversuchalongtime :oops:

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nope...

I never did contact the police :oops: The stuff wasn't in that good nick tbh, I reckon it was the truck driver over the road emptying his cab and put all the stuff in our bin.

The tin opener is now used - we have another one but sometimes you can't get into certain shape of tin and a spare is handy anyway
The milk pan is what I use for scrambled eggs or boiling milk for making yogurt
I now use the black basin - we needed a new washing-up bowl :cheers:
The blue cool bag was discustingly filthy and didn't look easy to clean so it went back in the bin, along with the paperwork and a deoderant rollon
The blue elastic bungee rope is used when carting large amounts of debris (hedge prunings) around the garden on the wheel barrow
The Kettle is our new camping kettle - much bigger and better than our old one
The bens brother CD is a bird scarer - JohnM was unhappy about it going into our 'puter (our only CD player) incase it had weirdo dodgy stuff on.

The gas stove was offered to Cheezy to replace his stolen items, but after a death in our family and 2 months of sitting up in the loft :oops: Cheezy appeared to have found his stolen items... I will offer the stove and the gas on Freecycle when I get them down from the loft.
Ann Pan

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

tim&fatima

have you found anything else in your bin since?
It's nice to be important,
But it's more important to be nice.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

No such luck though I will always look now before I put any rubbish in, you never know :mrgreen:
Ann Pan

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay