101 things that won't grow in containers

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
contadina
A selfsufficientish Regular

It's very common here in Puglia to recycle old fridges as raised beds. We've wombled several from the bins and they've, so far produced peppers, carrots, cabbages, peppers, beetroot, chillies, tomatoes and gigantic basil and parsley. Come spring I'm going to try and grow asparagus from seed in one. They can easily be disguised by placing a few pot plants in front them.

QuakerBear

Mr. QB's not having much luck with his bananas in pots in his office. Other people's are growing though (the office were given a load of seadlings). It might be Mr. QB or it might be that they need more space then a pot can give after a while.
QuakerBear

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

contadina wrote:It's very common here in Puglia to recycle old fridges as raised beds. We've wombled several from the bins and they've, so far produced peppers, carrots, cabbages, peppers, beetroot, chillies, tomatoes and gigantic basil and parsley. Come spring I'm going to try and grow asparagus from seed in one. They can easily be disguised by placing a few pot plants in front them.
woo now That's a big container :mrgreen: and keep roots cool/unfrozen too I should think. hmmm now do I have room in the back yard :dontknow: :happy3:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

ina

QuakerBear wrote:Mr. QB's not having much luck with his bananas in pots in his office. Other people's are growing though (the office were given a load of seadlings). It might be Mr. QB or it might be that they need more space then a pot can give after a while.
Bananas get very big, given the chance...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)