Fruit in containers

Want to talk about fruit and nuts? Got any problems? Here's your place to post.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I saw the photos OK, although the 2nd was a bit big. Must be because I've got a new computer cos my old one would have gone haywire, I'm sure!

Please try to put them back again Boots. Do you have a photo program that resizes photos?

Did once actually overwinter a spider plant outdoors, planted in the soil, but it was in London (rarely below freezing) and a sheltered bed right close to the house.

Boots

It's ok. You saw them.

Yeah, I have a resizer, but it all takes so long to do. Just uploading makes me impatient... :lol: If there is need to put another pic up, I will just load the link next time.

No Big Deal. :flower:

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

BAck to fruit tress did you know that you could plant a pip from a lemon and you might get an orange or lime tree? No citrus plant grows true from seed.

I have a little citrus tree growing in a pot at the moment, I wonder what it will become???

Old Wellies as pots, what an excellent idea for recycling.

I think i will defo have a go at rhubarb this year too, still need to find some containers though. We do have a tyre and exhast center just down the road the road. I think I need to become that wierdo who walks the street with a wheelbarrow full of tyres. :lol:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Boots

No I didn't know that... I thought citrus seeds only provide ornamentals with unedible, tiny or no fruit?

Are you pulling my leg? :lol:

Maybe drag a few kids away from their playstations and get them to help you roll them back down the street. It would probably be a riot watching them learn to steer them and then you won't be the only one looking passionate about recycling! Could be fun.. and your hole street might think about using a few.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boots wrote:No I didn't know that... I thought citrus seeds only provide ornamentals with unedible, tiny or no fruit?
According to a book I have, I guess that it might be the case that if growth is restricted that no edible fruit is grown. Like with other fruits.

Not sure if I could get the kids round here to roll tyres for me, lob them at each other quite possibly :lol:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging