Aerated showerhead

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Ranter
Living the good life
Living the good life

Aerated showerhead

Has anyone seen these?

www.ecocamel.co.uk/stw

Any ideas on the science behind it? It looks good to me, but then I'm not a water engineer. Actually, I'm not an engineer of any description.

I got the details along with my water bill. The water co. is apparently trialling these showerheads along with other water efficiency products. Even before the results of the trial are in, they're offering these showerheads at £26.99. I'm wondering whether to invest in one.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

can you find it cheaper elsewhere? that site is selling hand-pump syphons at 4 times what I have seen them elsewhere...

I like the aereated taps, water feels nicer on you too, somehow feels softer.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Ranter
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thanks Annpan,
I'm just not sure how it'll work with my victorian plumbing & upstairs bathroom. The resulting water pressure is very low. I'll ask someone who knows more about plumbing.

Assuming I do go ahead, I'm very grateful for the direction to a cheaper product. Finances are very tight for me at the moment.

baldowrie
A selfsufficientish Regular

they don't work well on low water pressure....which why most people want them any way

ina

I think they actually do to your water flow what low pressure does to ours automatically: reduce the amount of water going through at any one time. So we can save even more - because we don't have to buy one of those gadgets! :cheers:

Our pressure is so low that it's only just enough for the washing machine not to turn itself off in disgust. :?

Edited: I hate this - how can I write a word without it appearing as an emoticon, if I just want the word? I was trying to say above:

...to turn itself off in DISGUST. It doesn't do it in lower case letters. Grrrrr.
Last edited by ina on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

baldowrie

my water pressure is so low day it's non existent! Diggers gone through the pipe, not their fault bum information and lack of details.

Shirley

We've got the Mira Eco shower head - it was already fitted when we moved in. We've got two showers in the house.... the one with the mira eco is fantastic.... I thought it was a powershower at first. It feels great and you don't need to dance around the shower room to get wet.... the one in the other bathroom is a bog standard one.... and takes longer to wash the soap off etc.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

ina

baldowrie wrote:my water pressure is so low day it's non existent! Diggers gone through the pipe, not their fault bum information and lack of details.
You know, you can take water saving a bit too far, Baldowrie... :wink:
Ina

ina

Shirlz wrote:We've got the Mira Eco shower head - it was already fitted when we moved in.
I wonder whether it'll work with low pressure?
Ina

baldowrie

ina wrote:
baldowrie wrote:my water pressure is so low day it's non existent! Diggers gone through the pipe, not their fault bum information and lack of details.
You know, you can take water saving a bit too far, Baldowrie... :wink:
Yep and you get thristy whilst your doing it too!

ina

baldowrie wrote: Yep and you get thristy whilst your doing it too!
What - no beer in the house? :wink:

That happened to us once while I was working in Australia: we had no water over a weekend - and of course, the house full of visitors. Plenty of beer, wine, even lemonade etc - we were all dying for a cup of tea!
Ina

baldowrie

No beer only a bottle of wine from a year ago unopened and several bottles of whisky maturing.

ah they were good guys and worked hard to re-establish the supply as soon as possible. They were more upset about being told there were definitely no pipes there and the big hoose has always been mains water...oh no it hasn't!

ina

There are often no proper plans for water supply/drainage for these old places... Same here; only it's drainage that the current farm manager is gradually finding out where it is!
Ina

baldowrie

that's the problem when they are private, they just put in were convenient and as the owners have no intention (In 1956 when the communal pump was abondoned...will have to show that one day) of moving they don't plot them. But logic says (water supply to barn which is not mains) it would have been there and I do have a small plan of some of the pipes as a survey was done.