The Selfsufficientish Bible coming to a bookshop near you

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Arrrgggh. My local waterstones won't have it until the 7th. I can't wait!!!

Zoe

ina

Cassiepod wrote::mrgreen: I would like topoint out that I did not reboil the kettle as it had gone to the perfect drinking temperature

If you're dropping by at the weekend you can have a peep :lol:
Wow - thank you! Mind you, you might not get rid of me quickly, once I start reading... :roll:
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Bigsis
Tom Good
Tom Good

My copy from Amazon will be making its way to Belgium soon. Half price already! Hope it means you sell loads more.

See you in May lads and well done. Everyone in the Burn family very proud.

thecornflake
Tom Good
Tom Good

Somehow I'd managed to miss this thread so far, but I saw the book in Waterstones on Saturday and bought it.

What I've read so far has been great and I've learnt quite a bit already so well done.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right then Eco-logic are now selling itand I have organised a deal with them for all website forum members to get 25% off the cover price and me and Dave will nip down there to sign a few copies next week at some point. So please state if you want a signed copy in your notes too. Obviously if 1000's of people start coming through this link then we will be in trouble or at least our arms will fall off, but I am sure we will be ok for now :)

So when you make an order you will be able to get the discount if you mention the word - ish - in the notes bit. It will still look like you have been charged full price as peter the owner of the site says himself "my site is not that high tech".

We are also going to donate some money to this charity so if you want your 25% discount (£7.50) to go to solar cookers international then let us know on the notes too. In fact I have so far got John Humphries and Dan Cruickshank to sign a copy and will be collecting signatures over the next couple of months in order to auction off the book and give all that cash to Solar cookers international.

right will post this else where too to ensure that everyone that wants gets a copy.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Hawthorn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thats a good idea Andy. I've seen it on Amazon, but I'm hesitant to buy from there purely because of the huge discount, if you know what I mean. I feel like Amazon are cheating smaller bookshops out of a living.
I'd rather do what you've said, so my order will be going in today......and I'm going to ask that you sign it too :lol: so get writing!

Hawthorn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Oh and PS. Good charity. Guess where my 25% is going :mrgreen:

hamster

Ohh, but I have a Waterstones voucher... but I want to support the solar cooker charity... Hmmm....
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I thought so too Hawthorn.

We thought that it was a good idea, you only pay it if you can afford it so everyone is a winner. A bit skint then don't donate. Found out the other day that we get a lot less money when people buy from amazon.
and...... Twitter

hamster

Yeah, I remember you saying something about getting royalties so long as it was over a certain percentage of the price. Do you get money if I buy it from Amazon?

I had a baaad Amazon habit a while back, but I've been trying to curb it, mostly because it is just soooo cheap which always makes me a teensy bit suspicious. Trying to use the library for most things, as it's much greener. Thought I want to be a writer, so my ultimate future depends on people buying books. Otherwise I'm stuck in an office. So I do want to buy books as well as borrowing them. Ooh, had a bit of wine, waffling now..... :mrgreen:

Also, I have heard that a lot of small and second-hand bookshops have been able to profit through selling through Amazon's marketplace thingy, and reach customers they wouldn't otherwise have met. So they're not all bad, I guess....

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

We get money either way so if you are skint don't worry about it get it from amazon. - I will just get less when people buy it from amazon or waterstones. Saying that I would be more worried if the supermarkets got hold of it, then the indie bookshops can never compete and me and the publishers get next to nowt.
and...... Twitter

hamster

Oh, well, you're in luck then, cos I decided to buy it from eco-logic books and use the Waterstones voucher for something else instead!

Jandra
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'm getting it as a birthday gift from my DH! Ordered from Amazon.co.uk and I received notification that it is on it's way to the Netherlands from ... Germany! :shock:

Anyway, I'm relly looking forward to getting it. ETA is April 8, which is 3 days early. It will be difficult to leave it alone until it's my birthday.

Jandra

Mandyz
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

congrats

Just popping in again to share a hearty congratulations on the publishing of your new book and the recent media attention.
That's great!!!!

Hawthorn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Got my book today :mrgreen: My copy signed by Dave and Andy Hamilton! It's a wonderful book can I just say. Really pleased with it! Thank you :mrgreen: