Recycling Ideas ?

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Recycling Ideas ?

Life is a funny thing when you get to 60 and you are retired suffering from
a permanent lower back pain,and other arthritic problems too. But you do
your best to cope with life in what ever way you can,which recycling plays a big part in now for me, because I'm also trying to save lives too, even though I'm a nobody with no degrees in any thing,only with a insight into the future and the will to share it with others for free, to help feed some of the starving in a drought or flood situation in the third world mainly, which I did think I would have no trouble in getting others people to help me with,seeing that I had made a system that worked very well for next to nothing. But no.I have informed the Queen and every one else in some way of what I was trying to do who I thought would help me, with out any success for the past 8 years until I was linked to www.allotments-uk.com, by Sally Berry and by Andy at www.selfsufficientish.com this year,who have both change all that for free,to help me to get my very important message across to those who are interested in growing food to eat in different ways, and in saving lives too. Which I've also just informed
Sir Bob Geldof of, now that he too has is own new website, www.bobgeldof.info, and I've just informed my local Redeemed Christian church of God Lady's too,when I was given a card from them after wishing each other a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year on leaving our front door. I do wish you and every one in the world the same as I wish them, I hope that you have a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year 2005 John.
Last edited by john on Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
designed by me to help to save millions of lives
and to reuse-recycle millions of tonnes of waste
plastic container,and unwanted wooden pallets
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi every one,I would like to share my good news with you,and that is I have just been given some more website space by my server,so I will be able to show you some more photo's of what I can grow in my plastic container recycling system. I would also like to share my sad news with you about so many people dieing,or being injured in ASIA, due to a big earth quake under the sea in the INDIAN ocean. Which my simple to make recycling system was designed to help out now,and to also help feed the people in the future. Because so much land would have been contaminated now and for many years to come from salt alone. Which you may want to tell some one about after reading my message. John
Last edited by john on Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
too.

Bec and Julian
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Jackie French

hi John.

Bec and Julian here. Loved your site. Tell me, are you a big Jackie French fan? Also, do you love Peter Cundall? I am afraid I love reading and watching more than doing, but I am trying to change, really!

Can you tell me where the best place in London is for buying seedlings?

I can't find anything but florists in my area, and London doesn't seem to be very green (in fact, Islington is the least green suburb after London city).

Thank you,
Bec.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have a look on the say hello bit in reply to your last post, think I managed to find you something of use. This place that below......

Islington Ecology Centre
Gillespie Park Nature Reserve
191 Drayton Park
London
N5 1PH
Tel: 020 7354 5162
Fax: 020 7288 1717.
Email: islingtonecologycentre@btopenworld.com
:andy:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

raygunn123
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Elephant on the table

I'm sure most people are aware of the old adage of the elephant on the table. Everyone will quite happily talk around the elephant, ignoring that it is there, but the shear size of it makes it ridiculous to ignore it.
John you clearly need help

Emma
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Aw poor John :geek:

J R P

recycling

The main benefits of using my recycling ideas are? (1) It will help to reduce waste plastic containers and wood going in to landfill sites. (2) It will help to reduce people dieing in the third world mainly. Whilst I know I'm setting my self up to be knocked down again by those people I have not convinced.It's a known fact no matter where any one lives they make waste of some sort,which can be reused again in some way. All I've done is to design something which can be used made from rubbish. To answer some points raised. YES, I would send some of our rubbish to any where if it ment improving some ones life. YES, I would like it to be part of our world aid programme,along with all the money that pays for the plastic container filled with water,or the like on a wooden pallets in the first place to help those in a bad flood or drought situation. YES, we all know about polluting the air that we all breath in for free,whether we are rich or poor if use aircraft, ships,helicopters,lorries,cars,and motor bikes,as they all burn fuel to power a engin. But until teliporting something is invented by some one like me,the camel and the donkey are one of the best ways to transport many things,plus ofcause my very simple to make transportable system,which can be carried from one place to another with some thing inside each row of plastic containers set out on a length of wood, to add to what ever else does the same job,but in a different way.I know by us all working together we can make a big difference to our world. John

raygunn123
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

what??!!??

I don't think you've really answered my question. I'll make it clear -
HOW ARE YOU HELPING PEOPLE IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES?

It seems to me you are suggesting shipping plastic milk cartons to Africa by donkey or camel! That's hardly practical is it?

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Reply to confused

:? Hi Ray, I don't mean to be rude, I gather you don't recycle anything your self,as you would not be knocking me for trying to do my bit to save someones life in the cheapest way I could think of as a inventor,or should I charge people who are poor and starving to know what I have told people like you for free.
Do you really think some one who is starving to death through no fault of their own gives a xxxx whether or not something is recycled or not if it will help them to stay alive in a drought or flood situation.
Do you know while you have been reading this reply someone has died, when one of my life saving ideas could have saved them if used.
Can you say that, I CAN,CAN YOU. John JRP.
Last edited by john on Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
too.

rhyddid

Re: Reply to confused

Last edited by rhyddid on Mon May 02, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Points raised

:? Points raised by those who are CONFUSED by what I'm trying to do,and the way I'm trying to do it,saving lives I mean by reusing-recycling plastic containers and unwanted wooden pallets.

(1) I have designed a simple system that works,made from plastic containers and unwanted wooden pallets in this country,to show to others in the rest of the world,what I have done in different ways,they can do too,if they have any plastic containers and unwanted wooden pallets laying around.

(2) My designed system is made up of for example,a length of wood which is passed through a number of upside down 6 pint cut milk containers which can have,compost or soil put inside them,or other plastic containers of different sizes,put inside the same upside down 6 pint cut milk container,with compost or soil inside one of them,to grow food to eat,after you have of course put some seeds in first.

(3) Next you need water to feed the crops,this is done by the container collecting rain water,in the plastic containers which are set out in rows of 10 in the UK,which can be carried from one place to another with either just water in or crops and water in them,recycling the same water over and over again until there's no more water to recycle,done by simply undoing and doing up the cap at the bottom of each container.
Until the person finds water for them self in some way or they will both die. But a long time after their crops would have died in the ground in a drought situation for example.

(4) Because my simple transportable system can be used in many ways,I can see no reason why it can't be used to carry water,food,crops,tools clothes,and the like,because it's self standing if you use 4 or more even numbers,plus it will float like a boat on water with the main base cap done up of course. To see photos of what I'm writing about please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com to help give you a clearer picture of what can be done. John JRP.
Last edited by john on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
too.

diver
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've seen your website and I think your ideas are good but I am not sure how you intend to get your ideas across to those who could benefit in the third world

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Trying to get people to use my new recycling ideas.

I've been asked so many times, how do I intend to feed all the starving people of the world. It's not so much me being able to help feed the starving people of the world my self,it's the system I have designed can help to feed the millions of poor starving people in the world if used.
I can do no more my self, but show photos in the way of proof to others, that it won't be a waste of their time trying my ideas,for example growing food to eat shown on my website, www.recycling.moonfruit.com in the hope that some one will use my ideas some where in the world,to save someones life now and in the future,because my simple transportable system can be used in so many different ways made from recycled plastic containers and unwanted wooden pallets.
Which there is no other system in the word can match,made for free.
The trouble is, I haven't found that some one, who is a someone in this world, to help champion my cause yet,even Sir Bob Geldof and the like, have not bothered to reply back to me, along with many others who I thought would help me in some way to get my ideas used. But I believe because there is no money involved,they choose not to get involved,even though I have told them all, I was trying to save millions of lives all over the world, for free. Which would also help to reduce some of the waste which every country has, whether it's a rich or poor one. If after reading this message you know that someone, please tell them you know a man with many ideas.Together we can make a big difference to our world John.
Last edited by john on Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
too.

raygunn123
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

John, I think your ideas are good and work well for an allotment in England. I think there is no denying that it is good idea and it means you can move crops around. It would be a good idea, say, for someone moving and getting another allotment in the UK who didn't want to start from scratch again
But I really don't think you should be making claims beyond your station. This will not help people in the third world and if you belive it will you are being quite deluded. I'm sorry but try and be a bit more realistic and I think more people will listen to you.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Points Raised.

Points raised.
(1) Chemicals being released from the plastic containers over a period of time.
(2) Not replacing any compost used over a long period of time.
(3) Making my allotment plot ideas work in the third world.

(1) Chemicals in plastic. Chemicals leaking from any type of plastic we use worries me too. So I do share people concerns about some food poisoning taking place when using my plastic container ideas,and what we read in books. But if we all really knew what were eating I'm sure we would starve too. For example because we eat what we are told is safe by people who supply our food for money or sell it for money. Yes we have a chose to grow food our self or to keep animals to eat. But of course in 2005 we have moved on from not doing that so much,to going to get what ever we want at a price from a supplier,who is in the business of making money too, which we get in the UK whether we are working or not.
But in the third world the poor are really poor compared to us,that's one very good reason why people want to come and live in the UK and no where else,because people get money to by food and clothes for example,which their own country does not give them as of right from the day they are born, which we do in the UK. But the poor people have learned to cope and survive on next to nothing ever since begging became a way of life,and stealing too,if it meant improving a way of life.
That's where my recycling ideas come in to be used not so much in the UK,but where you can't see the dry land for the people who are dieing of starvation and the lack of water too,in camps set up to help feed them so they can live to have even more children who will need feeding. Which they will do until life it self means something,compared to a way of life.
My system works. I'm sure if it was in the hands of a poor person in the third world,they would use it in ways I have tried out, as if I was a poor person. But they would get a much better end result than me as they are really poor,and starving,dealing with life on a day to day bases,rather than worrying about something like plastic which we use a lot of and they don't for example,to carry shopping in,to cover food,to seal food in to help keep it fresh for example.

(2) Not doing anything to the compost used.
The reason I don't add anything to my compost is mother nature does it for me. How,I don't know how but I've put seed potatoes in and I've got new potatoes out for example all year round,like all the other crops I have grown and eaten. All I've done is to give nature the very basics to work with,multipurpose compost made from what ever,and a water supply which is used over and over again,which may be green,brown,black and stinks too, but it works as my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com photos show.

(3) Making my allotment plot ideas work in the third world.
My system works on a large or a small scale as my website photos show. The problem I have is I have not shown it working on a flat roof,a balcony,a patio,on the deck of a ship,on a derelict building site,in a school yard,in a classroom, on a windowsill,in a window box,on a beach,on water or up a tree,which I will do if you need convincing of what I claim is true. Plus I forgot my system can be hung up,tied up, nailed up,and carried too,which my allotment plot represents in many ways in the UK,as nothing is grown in the ground it's self by design.
Thank you for taking the time to read my message to you,in the hope it will help to give to you a clearer picture of what I'm trying to do with my recycling ideas,for the poor people in the world. John JRP.
Last edited by john on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
too.