Gardeners please help

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Gardeners please help

I spray with Bordeaux Mix otherwise I wouldn't be able to grow tomatoes at all as blight is very prevalent here in NW France. I have had blight on the toms in the veg patch for about 3 weeks now and have to go around checking every day or two and cutting off the blighted bits but BM slows down the spread considerably.

I also have some kind of blight like disease on my cucumbers and when it hit we sprayed them with BM just out of interest and I managed to keep the tops of the plants growing for a few months longer and got a number more cucumbers from the plants. They were hit within a few weeks of starting to produce which was a real bummer! So will spray them as a prevention next year, as they get this 'blight' every year which kills them off prematurely.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Potter's Farm
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

My cucumbers have been ok and they're in the same polytunnel as the affected tomatoes. Was going to try bordeaux mixture too next year, i wanted to be overrun with tomatoes but i'm not!!

Millymollymandy

It's not the same disease as tomato blight - have no idea what it is as I've googled but there are so many it could be anything, but it happens very quickly in the same way as blight and the leaves go brown and crispy..... :dontknow:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/