What can you see from your window?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: What can you see from your window?

Susie - you have green to look forward to - it's a bit slow greening up here too.

Maggie - I'm never sure what to call it as it's quite big for a pond but a bit small really for a lake. Perhaps I'll rename it Loch Moorhen. :mrgreen:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

I once thoroughly confussed our local council by asking for the difference between a 'pond' and a 'lake' as a 'pond' doesn't need planning permission but a 'lake' does. I was expecting an answer in size or capacity: I recieved the reply ''A pond may be dug without planning consent, however a lake would need planning consent''!!! :dontknow: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MW

PS photo to follow when it STOPS raining
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

ok...Roof:

Mini garden 1

The only things I know for definite here are the tomato plants. The others I can't read the packet and have no idea...It's a surprise garden!

Mini Garden 2

They have a game here called Happy Farm, which is a bit like Farmville on FB. The Chinese are absolutely obsessed with this game and they have little 'happy farms' for sale, so I bought one. It had pictures of roses and lavender on the box and then 6 different types of seed inside...So i have no idea what exactly is growing...

Will be a Tangerine tree and some tomato seedlings (i know these are tomato...the box says it in English :))

The complete mini-garden :iconbiggrin:

I admit I have no clue what is growing in most of it. I know I have a little tree (don't know what type...it was pretty), and an Areca Palm. I love Areca Palms so I always get one as soon as i can. I know I have tomatoes...the rest is a complete mystery!

I know some of the seedlings need to be thinned. I need to get some more potting soil :)

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

One looks distinctly like cress, so I'm guessing is some sort of mustard/brassica. Is it used as a veg there, I know Japanese use it a lot.

Do you have all that roof to play on?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

This is the closest thing we have to a view, looking east. The cedar tree in the left-centre is about 100 feet away. The main treeline is about 250 feet away. In the other directions, the treeline is closer. Luckily, we like living in the forest. The vegetable garden is down the hill behind the woodshed on the left, with one of our rainwater storage tanks behind it.
Attachments
P1060564.JPG
P1060564.JPG (124.16 KiB) Viewed 2991 times

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

yous all have such lovely views i wanted to post a better pic as the other one i posted was from the upstairs window and you cant really see anything for the trees.

these ones are from downstairs looking into the back garden and from the front looking onto the street and you can just make out some mountains in the distance. we are surrounded my mountains on all sides here but there are too many houses in the way to see them properly!
Attachments
view out the front window onto the street with the mountains in the distance.
view out the front window onto the street with the mountains in the distance.
view from front street.JPG (63.31 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
view into the jungle in the back garden with the wallnut and fruit trees and some pretty flowers :)
view into the jungle in the back garden with the wallnut and fruit trees and some pretty flowers :)
garden.JPG (68.04 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Green Aura wrote:One looks distinctly like cress, so I'm guessing is some sort of mustard/brassica. Is it used as a veg there, I know Japanese use it a lot.

Do you have all that roof to play on?
ooh you could be right with the cress. I'll try nibbling a bit...is it safe to nibble seedlings?!

I could have all the roof...if i had the key to the padlock keeping the door of my window bars closed :( I'm going to ask the building manager to cut off the padlock and I'll get a new one so that I can get out on the roof.

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

In the distance  are the Malvern Hills. Whilst the cat on the wall is one of mine.
In the distance are the Malvern Hills. Whilst the cat on the wall is one of mine.
from the roof garden.JPG (159.22 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
[attachment=0]from my bedroom window.JPG[/
Attachments
The roof of my car is just visible on the drive, but the other side of the road is my neighbours farm , her cattle are so well fed they  are borderline fat. This Farmer is also a none chemical using one she uses natural fertilisers (poo) tops the field to control weeds and if she does find any ragwort she pulls it then uses it as a cut flower in a vase until dead when she burns it in the house as a heating fuel.
The roof of my car is just visible on the drive, but the other side of the road is my neighbours farm , her cattle are so well fed they are borderline fat. This Farmer is also a none chemical using one she uses natural fertilisers (poo) tops the field to control weeds and if she does find any ragwort she pulls it then uses it as a cut flower in a vase until dead when she burns it in the house as a heating fuel.
from my bedroom window.JPG (176.8 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

I so so want to get this photo in the post rather than linking to it.
view from the back door.JPG
view from the back door.JPG (91.97 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
picture.jpg
picture.jpg (85.35 KiB) Viewed 4172 times
The nice thing is that naturally the dog came out with me but the horses also heard the back door and assumed food. You can see one looking over the garden gate.

Mod edit, there you go, your wish is my command. :thumbup:
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

kyj
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Wow - there's some amazing scenery out there :-)

battybird

First picture is from our window in Kent (back garden) Front we can (just) see the sea.

And theother two are from our "other life" in Portugal...from February. Cannot wait to get out there again!
Attachments
rear garden kent.JPG
rear garden kent.JPG (39.77 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
veiw from window front.JPG
veiw from window front.JPG (55.94 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
light from front door.JPG
light from front door.JPG (39.14 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Wow, what lovely photos. There are some lovely views out there. I can see quite a long way from both the front and back upstairs windows, but it's not the lovely views of mountains and lakes that you guys have. It's just a view of Swindon. I can almost see Sunflowergal's house from the front windows. At the back I can see across Old Town to the Marlborough Downs in the winter but the poplars block the view in the summer.

This is the view straight out of the back door. The smaller shed that you can just see on the left behind the big apple tree and in front of the larger summerhouse, is the hen house. Their run is just to this side of it. The poplars are just behind my back fence, between the garden and the school playing field.
Garden May 2012.jpg
Garden May 2012.jpg (178.08 KiB) Viewed 4041 times
Just to the left of my back door is the herb bed:
Herb bed May 2012.jpg
Herb bed May 2012.jpg (207.4 KiB) Viewed 4041 times
All of the gravel has been dug out of the garden (as have all the rocks around the pond in the previous photo). To the right of the little table is the bronze fennel that I rather stupidly planted under the washing line. I didn't realise how tall it grows. The washing does smell lovely after a battling with the fennel.

Well that's my contribution.

Zoe

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have a gorgeous garden Thomzo!

Millymollymandy

I agree. I would love to have some proper hard landscaping instead of tatty old weedy gravel. :( Believe it or not I would love to have a small wildlife pond too which I could actually plant things in.

It's nice seeing your garden again Thomzo because you showed us some photos just after you'd had the landscaping done and now it is lovely and mature.

I also have some bronze fennel which was given to me last year and I didn't realise how bushy it would get this year and I think it's going to swamp a lavender. Oh well I'm forever moving plants around so what's another one! :lol:

Battybird - love your Portugal photos and Trinder I love the horses just at the end of the garden!!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

just thought id take a pic and post this.
was sitting out on the balcony watching our 2 wood pigeons the other day who live around our garden and have decided to make a nest a few meters away from our balcony in the wallnut tree :iconbiggrin:
Attachments
wood pigeon nest.JPG
wood pigeon nest.JPG (77.62 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'