site issue

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: site issue

All this talk's put me into reminiscence mode. I remembered an LP (see - who the hell knows what one of those things is now?) which was quite formative in my musical tastes - You Can All Join In, which was a sampler album and, of course, I didn't have it any more. I've just found every single track in the original 1969 format on Youtube. So I have it again now and will become a real pain the bum tomorrow as I wander around with my headphones on. It's just a shame I can only make a CD out of the tracks rather than a huge hissy LP.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

ojay54
Site Admin
Site Admin

Island records? Can't remember who's on it.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Care of Wikipedia

Side One

"A Song For Jeffrey" (Anderson) – Jethro Tull – (Alternative mix, original version from This Was) (ILPS 9085)
"Sunshine Help Me" (Wright) – Spooky Tooth – (from It’s All About Spooky Tooth) (ILPS 9080)
"I’m a Mover" (Rodgers/Fraser) – Free – (from Tons of Sobs) (ILPS 9089)
"What’s That Sound"[4] (Stills) – Art – (from Supernatural Fairy Tales) (ILP 967)
"Pearly Queen" (Winwood/Capaldi) – Tramline – (from Moves of Vegetable Centuries) (ILPS 9095)
"You Can All Join In" (Mason) – Traffic – (from Traffic) (ILPS 9081T)

Side Two

"Meet on the Ledge" (Thompson) – Fairport Convention – (from What We Did on Our Holidays) (ILPS 9092)
"Rainbow Chaser" (Spyropoulos/Campbell-Lyons) – Nirvana – (from All of Us) (ILPS 9087)
"Dusty" – (Martyn) - John Martyn – (from The Tumbler) (ILPS 9091)
"I’ll Go Girl" (Ritchie/Ellis/Hughes) – Clouds – (from Scrapbook) (ILPS 9100)
"Somebody Help Me" (Jackie Edwards) – Spencer Davis Group – (from The Best of the Spencer Davis Group) (ILPS 9070)
"Gasoline Alley" (Weaver) – Wynder K. Frog – (from Out of the Frying Pan) (ILPS 9082)
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's the one! I'd never have remembered Wynder K Frog without a prompt.

ojay54
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ahh! nostalgia just 'aint what it used to be,I've still got three of the above albums (somewhere).Island were big on samplers,'Nice Enough to Eat,and'Bumpers' spring to mind,the first of which had quite an effect....i.e. introduced me to Nick Drake.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTube's obviously getting a thumping :lol:

Yes - I remembered Nice Enough To Eat in the early hours - just after I'd conjured The Rock Machine Turns You On out of the back of my head.

Eeeeee - them were days!

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

All double Dutch to me, so that proves it ... I definitely DID sleep through the 70's. :lol:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

ojay54
Site Admin
Site Admin

I had 'Rock Machine Turns You On'. and 'Rock Machine, I Love You'. The'yd be CBS ,so The Zombies,and 'The Peanut Butter Conspiracy' can't think of any others,and I'm quite happy about that.
Has anyone suggested a new forum for the old and decrepit?

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quite happy? You missed Dylan (I'll Be Your Baby Tonight), Tim Rose (Come Away, Melinda), and who could possibly forget I Won't Leave My Wooden Wife For You, Sugar by United States of America?

Why would you need a new forum for the old and decrepit? What's wrong with this one? :lol:

ojay54
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jesus H. I'd forgotten about them,''It's not that I'm ashamed about you and me,but I've got to consider my morality'' We're a bit off topic,but..

Here's some thing that happened the other day: (I'll be brief) OH is a Zumba instructor.Her oldest class is at a local village hall.There's a Quaker couple there that haven't missed a week for 3 years,both in their 70's but fit as butcher's dogs.She changes the warm up music every week,and as that bit's freestyle,people often make requests.Couple of weeks back said couple requested 'Sympathy for the Devil 'as the warm up music ,explaining it was their wedding anniversary and it was special to them.Quiet chat afterwards explained a lot..

Married at Marylebone registry office 5 July 1969..so where did they go straight after?..yep,Stones in The Park,just over the road..!

Now how cool is that?!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

And this is why we need a "like" button - JOHN! :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aah you mentioned one that I remember, Come away Melinda (come in and close the door). There were several Apocalyptic songs about around that time, Eve of destruction, Barry McGuire and It's good news week, Hedgehoppers Anonymous I remember, so I must have been alert for at least a few days of that decade.

The problem with the 70's was that BBC Radio 1 was a load of crap, but the 60's started off with Radio Luxembourg and built up to a crescendo with the pirates Radio Caroline, Radio London (Big L) and others that got killed off when the 70's started.
Although there WAS Jimmy Young on Radio 2. :lol:
Tony

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

...... Mind you, the 50's were worse. TWO radio stations, BBC Home Service and BBC Light Program and I think 2 programs that were allowed to play records, Housewives Choice and Family Favourites, and they were full of Doris Day, Alma Cogan and Michael Holliday.
I wasn't allowed to listen to Luxembourg, we had one radio and I was deemed too young to listen to Bill Haley :(
Tony

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

you can all join in, on Ebay for sale here's a link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YOU-CAN-ALL-J ... 4623c76997

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

£12.49???? It was only £2 when it was new!