Sourcing wooden toothbrushes

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sourcing wooden toothbrushes

Hi,

I've taken a few notes from the SS-ishers Bible and I'm working through a list of things I can do immediately.

I've come across a sticking point where the wooden toothbrushes are concerned - the only one's I can find online are from a seller on Amazon that involves delivery from America - so that's a no-no.

I don't recall seeing them anywhere else (either online or physically)...can anyone point me in the right direction?
Jobi1

"A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." - Franklin Jones.

hamster
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

http://www.cebraonline.com/eco-friendly ... -705-p.asp

Not tried 'em myself, but they were recommended on the Rubbish Diet blog.
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

Lovely! Thanks hamster.

I tried this one before but the link came up as unavailable.
Your link is working though so I can happily purchase now.

:cheers:
Jobi1

"A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." - Franklin Jones.

Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

I can buy them at my local Organic Supermarket. Give me a shout if you'd like me to pick some up for you - might be cheaper than paying a website for P&P :wink:

:flower: Ratty

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/in_memory_of_joeb - Raising money for charity selling lots of things! Please take a look!

Cebra
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Wooden Toothbrushes

Postage and packaging on the wooden toothbrushes if FREE to any UK address....
Sabine
Cebra - fair trade & eco accessories. Visit www.cebraonline.com for more info.

Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Wooden Toothbrushes

Cebra wrote:Postage and packaging on the wooden toothbrushes if FREE to any UK address....
Yep, because the P&P price is added onto the price of the toothbrush :wink: I can get them at least £1.50 cheaper at my local organic supermarket.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/in_memory_of_joeb - Raising money for charity selling lots of things! Please take a look!

Cebra
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Sourcing wooden toothbrushes

Fair enough. But a) do they donate a share of their SALES (as opposed to profits which could be anything starting with 0) back to the community and b) where are they made?
There is a lot of stuff coming in from China under the label "sustainable" and c) do you send them out free of postage to whoever wants them?

And what are the bristles made of? Are the toothbrushes suitable for vegans?

I'd be interested to hear back about that.
Sabine

Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

As far as I can tell they are identical products to those which you sell. The organic supermarket is a not-for-profit organisation. And I would happily post out items free of charge to my friends here on ISH, yes. I am not purely on this site to push my products :wink:

Cebra
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Not for profit - t does that mean they all work for free and who is paying the shop rental? The people who run the shop? What about the commercial rates?

Also, seems to me you don't know whether these toothbrushes are the same because you haven't tried one of mine, have you? You just presume they are........

Anyway, I am not on here to just push my products and even if I were what's so bad about that? Someone has to make an effort and bring eco friendly and fair trade products to the attention of consumers - we cannot all be charities (even though I donate quite big sums to Aids charities and I do a lot of unpaid charity work myself if you must know) - some of us have to make a living as not all of us are able to live in the forest, chop our own wood for fire and dig out roots to cook meals :lol:

And to finish this subject - not everybody is in a position to go to a local health food fair trade store as there is either none or they are not able bodied. I think it's a good thing that smaller non charity fair trade businesses are making a foray and give the big companies a run for their money - the ones that purport to sell fair trade and eco friendly when it's anything but.
Sabine

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cebra wrote: Anyway, I am not on here to just push my products and even if I were what's so bad about that?
We allow a link in the links section, and one in the signature for advertising. That's it.

The members of this site are ethical consumers by and large and do not need products pushed at them.

By all means, please stay and enjoy the site as a member. If you are only here to advertise, forget it, this forum is not the one for you.

Cebra
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Sorry to have offended you - just don't YOU ask me for any freebies any more, will you?
Sabine

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cebra,

Not sure what your problem is but you attitude is not appreciated.

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Brij
Living the good life
Living the good life

Cebra, we understand that you have a business that you are proud of, and that you need to take every opportunity to expand it. Well done to you for doing this so ethically, really, well done.

This site is used by thoughful, intelligent, ethical consumers who do what they can for the environment and who support small businesses, charities and all sorts of wonderful things. I'm sure as a site member you would learn useful things, and I suspect that you have useful things that you could share with us.

However your attitude makes it seem as if you are more interested in just furthering your business, and this is not the place to do so (except for in the ways that the fee fairy has mentioned).

If you want to be a member, please take part as a member. You will be welcomed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, even if you are just protecting your own business. Questioning Ratty's integrity was unfair, she's only offering to lend a hand to a friend, as was your comment to the fee fairy.
"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Cree Indian prophecy

My Blogette

Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well who would have thought that wooden toothbrushes was such an emotive subject - sorry if anyone was unintentionally offended by my thread. :oops:

Cebra - I echo Brij's comment - well done for having the guts to start your own business. I currently work as a regional manager for a Business Support Agency that offers free advice to pre-start, new start and established businesses. We aim to ensure they have the correct skills and knowledge to be able to start, survive and grow (hmm - that sounds a bit like marketing patter - sorry).

Although we cover the East Midlands - we have a counterpart agency that covers Somerset (I believe you are located there) and I'm sure they would be pleased to give you some sound business assistance and help you develop a marketing strategy (among other things if required) that will help you develop your business.

Support is completely free as it's government funded - pm me if you would like any assistance. :thumbleft:
Jobi1

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

We had a nightmare looking for wooden toothbrushes for adults when we wrote that in the book, they just did not exist it is good to see that there is more than one outlet for them now! actually it is also GREAT to see that our advice is really being used.

Have to put my hand up and say it was I who asked for a free toothbrush, thought I would try one out and talk about it in the new book/in a magazine article or on here.

Mind you my toothbrush is still in use so it would be daft for me to get another one until it is past its best.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging