selfsufficientish meet up

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
gunners71uk
A selfsufficientish Regular

wow this idea is snowballing i am not sure what time would be good as some of us have allotments and small holdings. gotta go for a good date what about may june or sep ,or oct venues i dunno i go anywhere as long as i can kip and have some grub im cool. i eat meat but i would like to try some GOOD veggie tucker.maybe turning up an event and helping to promote ish would be good we are all fron diffrent backgrounds and may be beliefs etc but we all have something in common we wanna be self sufficientish to diffrent degrees.ok what next i dunno we are friends we are a group so a concensus is needed.all the best dave alias gunners.

Tigerhair

Good idea gunners, perhaps we could use it as an opportunity to promote the new magazine?
Tigz x

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

So you lot want to help promote this site? Wow you lot, thanks. Green gathering could be a good idea. I don't see why not. We were asked to do a thing at glastonbury (the town not the festival) for a hippish time festival thing in June. Not sure if we want to do it yet as it might not be the right thing, but I will be happy to go where ever.

Will try and the map up tonight if not tomorrow, thanks for the offer but I think it will be easier if we put all of our info on just the once.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Millymollymandy

Gunners - I looked on a map and now I know why I am a bit confused - WARSOP and WORKSOP!!! Lol! Anyway my in-laws are not far from either place in Edwinstowe and I will be there for 6 days last week of May if you are interested to show me your allotment? Or any SS meet in either Somerset/Dorset/Devon 3rd week of May and Notts area 4th week of May. I'm not going to any hippy do's though! :mrgreen:

Tigerhair

Not a million miles from me either MMM :) Perhaps we could have a meet in Sherwood Forest at the end of May? Those from further away could stay..

http://www.sherwoodforestcaravanpark.com/
Tigz x

shiney

As usual one of the last 'regulars' to find this thread!

I would be up for a meet too. I am near Bath/Bristol but where ever is ok. Tracey and I would probably come together. (a getaway weekend for us ladies minus children!)
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

Shirley

Ina - we could travel down together if you like.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Millymollymandy

That Sherwood Forest caravan park is only a couple of miles from my in-laws!

ina

Shirlz2005 wrote:Ina - we could travel down together if you like.
Definitely - if I can get the time off! Depends what's on at work at the time.
Last edited by ina on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

gunners71uk

:dave: very close to me but what about promo of ish or do both if we go to sherwood forest do they take tents and we need to book as a group be cheaper.i might crash in someones awning if you let me i aint little 6ft 4 20 ish stone lost quite a bit having theallotment.any way see how many want to come maybe we should have a poll on where to meet etc

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

If we plan to go to an event - why don't we pick a weekend that is good for as many people as possible then see what is going on at that time?
and...... Twitter

Tigerhair

Well the last weekend of May is normally the start of a factory week when we are on holiday anyway - and I haven't explored Sherwood or beyond so I would be very happy to go there so..........

Sat 27 & Sun 28 May 2006, Sherwood Forest - caravan/camping if you wish or just come to a picnic on one of those days in the Forest? I know someone who knows it fairly well so could ask him where we could meet and I think there are plans/maps on the internet of the forest....

????????????????????????
Tigz x

Shirley

Andy Hamilton wrote:If we plan to go to an event - why don't we pick a weekend that is good for as many people as possible then see what is going on at that time?
great idea.. as my little boy would say.. you're a genius :mrgreen:

later in the year would be better for us - it's a long distance to travel so would need to be around a school holiday. We'd likely break the journey over a couple of days - it took me 8 hours driving on a good journey from manchester to Aberdeenshire so I'm guessing it's further still to Sherwood.

Could we try and aim for something around Selfsufficientish Day?? Might actually be able to afford it by then too :mrgreen:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Chickenlady

I would love to go the the Big Green Gathering, but it would cost us £250!! Not really an option at the moment.

Are any of you elderly enough to remember the Albion Fayres of the 1970s in East Anglia? That's the kind of place to meet! (Don't happen any more... :( )
Haste makes waste

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is strawberry fair in cambridge still going on? That is free but only for one day in may. - people do camp but I don't think you are suposed to.
and...... Twitter