Make Your Place by Raleigh Briggs

By popular demand - The book review section.
Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Make Your Place by Raleigh Briggs

I've been reading this book and I just wanted to recommend it to ishers - I bought it on Amazon and it was really cheap (less than £4 if I remember correctly!) and although it's very small it has lots of useful info. It covers basic herbal remedies, how to make tinctures, salves, infusions etc, how to make your own cleaning stuff (there's a useful recipe for washing powder that I'm going to have a go at) and basic gardening. It's quite basic so it's probably got stuff most of you will know already (especially the gardening), but I've found lots of useful things in it. It is American so you have to translate ingredients and things, but it doesn't seem to be beyond me (well it's not beyond google!)

I bought it on a whim but I think it was worth the money.

:flower:
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

samtoh4
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Make Your Place by Raleigh Briggs

A gift from my friend Abby. I love, love, love, LOVE it! I ordered several copies to give as gifts. :)

The book looks kind of tiny and insignificant, but it is densely packed with goodness. There are so very many amazing tips in this book on various recipes for sustainable and gentle/non-toxic cleaners for yourself and your home in this book. The best part for me though was all the little remedies and such. I can't wait to make some of these to use!