How Do You Like Your Meat?

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
spider8
A selfsufficientish Regular

How Do You Like Your Meat?

Okay all you carnivores out there.............
How do you like your meat cooked - properly cooked or bloody and pink inside? This is just my personal preference - I like mine cooked through with no pink middle. I get tired of being told by celebrity chefs that I should have it raw in the middle :pukeright: . I hate it pink........do I have any allies out there? Just so I don't feel a weirdo!
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

pelmetman

Re: How Do You Like Your Meat?

This thread really made me laugh coz this is always a bone of contention in our household.

Dave likes his meat virtually raw with blood spewing everywhere which really turns my stomach. Me I like it really well done, the longer its cooked the better.

To keep the peace, especially as Dave does a lot of the cooking I always have the outside bit of the meat which is more or less cooked and Dave eats the middle bit. Next day when it is recooked in some form or other I can then make sure it is all cooked proper :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

Millymollymandy

Cooked properly! Can take a bit of pink with steak as long as there's no BLOOD! :pale: :pale: :pale: :pukeright: But not with lamb, I overcook that on purpose so all the fat goes crispy and it falls off the bones - it's the only way I will eat it. Obviously chicken and pork have to be cooked properly but at one of our hamlet dos here we had a suckling pig but it wasn't cooked properly and was all bloody and pink..... no I didn't eat it!

Edit - and the same for fish. If I taste a bit of salmon which has a 'raw' bit in the middle which is translucent just the texture alone makes me want to barf let alone thinking about it. :pale:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

pelmetman

The older I get the more blood I need :lol: Must be the vampire in me :mrgreen:

I even like my salmon a bit rare :thumbright:

Dave :pirate:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I'm another in the "cooked properly" club

cannot stand even a little bit of pink

the sight of blood on a plate turns my stomach!

crowsashes

i hardly eat meat ...
but pork has to be cooked properly .
beef - i just cannot eat it makes me feel 'urgh' for ages
lamb - depends on my mood
fish - cannot beat a damn good straight from the water bit of raw fish :mrgreen: i LOVE sushi cannot get enough of it , probably because its the only meal that does not cause me pain or discomfort!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

My answer is remarkably similar to MMMs - except I like my steak "blue" - i.e. sealed on both sides and nothing more. As for fish I don't mind it cooked in lemon juice or cold smoked but I really don't like it uncooked in the middle.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

StripyPixieSocks

Having been a vegetarian for 16 years and then 'turned to the dark-side' I like my meat well cooked as well as the sight of blood makes me feel quite ill.

Much as I like my TV chefs I like my meat cooked all the way through... it even turns my stomach when I see H-F-W et al eating stuff raw... I've taken to shouting "STOP IT!!!!" at the monitor which makes my OH laugh but really... UGH, do you have to eat everything raw Hugh? *barf*

Darroch
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I hardly eat meat, but I do love a good fillet steak and I like it rare. The only thing I don't like about having it rare is that the blood makes my mashed potatoes go pink!

Ellendra

I cook mine to death. Cook it well done, then cut into narrow strips and crisp the cut edges.

I have stomach trouble, everything is easier to digest if it's cooked properly. Unfortunately most restaurant chefs don't understand that, they somehow turn it into shoe leather. So I don't bother ordering steak unless I cooked it myself.

Millymollymandy

Ellendra wrote:I cook mine to death. Cook it well done, then cut into narrow strips and crisp the cut edges.

I have stomach trouble, everything is easier to digest if it's cooked properly. Unfortunately most restaurant chefs don't understand that, they somehow turn it into shoe leather. So I don't bother ordering steak unless I cooked it myself.
I agree, it is perfectly possible to have a good juicy steak which is cooked all the way through. The problem is sourcing decent steak in the first place and it's so hit and miss in restaurants I gave up on ordering it years ago as it's jolly expensive and if I'm going to pay that kind of money I want to know it is going to be edible!!! So I'll wait until the next time I'm in England then go to a butchers and buy some expensive lovely steak and cook it at my mum's - ummmm yuuuuum I'm drooling now, it's been a long time! :iconbiggrin:

Archanejil

I have been known to eat lumps of raw steak. I mean raw (my dad used to give me it as a kid, and well, grew up doing it). Hence when my steak is cooked, I like it fairly raw and bloody.

Lamb & duck... rare, rare, rare!

And sushi... pass me that sashimi! Especially tuna...

I get quite disappointed if my meat is well done (unless I'm eating pork or chicken). I have to admit to being almost as bad as HFW as I've had housemates in the past yell at me for eating raw things. Drives my OH up the wall too! :lol:

Phoenix
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Cooked through and falling apart preferably! All these adverts on telly showing pink beef, turns my stomach, urgh, my hubby says cor that looks great, whereas I tend to shout at the telly 'take it away and COOK It, don't just show it the oven in terror, cook the bleddy thing!!!' Can't bear underdone meat, so if we eat out I tend to avoid those meats that are 'properly' served pink, or I go for the veggie option.

As me dad used to say, "When its brown its done, when its black its bu@@ered."

Nix
"If you can see what the plate is made of, the portions are too small." Mrs G.Ogg

http://the-wolfies-veg-garden.blogspot.com

Millymollymandy

Out of interest, how is it safe to eat rare duck and not undercooked chicken? :dontknow:

Big Al

slap it's arse and send it out blue.....

That was how it was said to me in that was how he liked his meat. The restraunt refused on health grounds...

For me it's medium,Mrs BA anyway so long as it's food.........
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger