Ish 'doing' gifts to loved ones

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ish 'doing' gifts to loved ones

I don't know quite how to word them but there 'doing gifts' things that we can do ourselves that don't cost anything but mean a lot from giving a head massage to making pancakes

What 'doing gifts' do you give to loved ones?

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Ish 'doing' gifts to loved ones

All our christmas gives this year are homemade, knitting blankets and making bean bags for the kids and beanbags for r friends kids. Hubby took a photo of our kids and we r getting it printed for the grandparents. Neighbours and people who we get for are getting homebakes. I'm really enjoying it this year as its so personal. I will never return to a commercial christmas. I'm making xmas bunting to decorate the house as well. Its so fulfilling and what else would you be doing on these cold dark winter evenings?!? Xx

Ellendra
A selfsufficientish Regular

I enjoy baking, so for the last few christmases everyone has gotten a little tin of assorted home-baked goods. This year I finally learned what I was doing wrong in my candy-making attempts, so most everything will be dipped in chocolate as well :D

Jerseymum
Tom Good
Tom Good

I do lots of jam and cakes as gifts. One year couldn't afford ingredients so gave DH a year off non-essential DIY: went down a storm.
How do you live your life when there's nobody watching?

missy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

so far i've made a couple of scarfs. i've made elderberry and apple jam, blackberry jam, apple chutney and spicy apple chutney. i've also made some vanilla brown sugar body scrub.

don't think i'm doing too badly for my first christmas making things... have made about 35 jars in total.
Missy
photographer and mother of 3
http://missysx.blogspot.com/

citizentwiglet

I couldn't possibly say...... :oops: :oops: :oops:
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

Last xmas I made the OH a little book of vouchers with promises e.g. cup of tea in bed, bake him a cake of his choice, make his favourite meal, that sort of thing. One that went down particularly well was "complete control of the remote control for one whole evening"!! We hardly ever buy each other anything, we prefer to spend the money on doing things we enjoy together like going to the footie or going for a pub meal.

Jessiebean
Living the good life
Living the good life

citizentwiglet wrote:I couldn't possibly say...... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Just for Christmas? ooh if word gets out about that many husbands will stop moaning lest the same fate befalls them!
I am buying a cow for Christmas for my husband, not for him but for a needy third world village. It's what he wants ... as we have shared money the "doing" part will be me filling out the form and adding our credit card number. But he might get an extra...
We don't have many friends and no local family so "doing" presents wouldn't work for us...:(
"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

my blog: http://thedullroarphilosophy.blogspot.com/

jampot
Living the good life
Living the good life

i cant give the family "doing" gifts this year ( coz im 400 miles away lol :lol: ) but ive got under way with the knitting, brewing, preserving and sewing ( cant say much more as mummy dearest frequents these parts) so its a hand made xmas all round :cheers:
AAARRGHH its behind you!!!

Keaniebean

Well my husband is getting a cheque book this Christmas. each cheque is worth 1 nag and winge free football match on TV. I hate football so even though this gift will cost me no money it has an ENORMOUS value in other respects.

I still can't believe i've agreed to it. :pale: :pale: :shock:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

oldjerry

[quote="Keaniebean"]Well my husband is getting a cheque book this Christmas. each cheque is worth 1 nag and winge free football match on TV. I hate football so even though this gift will cost me no money it has an ENORMOUS value in other respects.

I wish you both a lifelong happy and fulfilling relationship,but should ,by some chance in a million, go pearshaped,please come and live with me!!!

Keaniebean

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The thing is Oldjerry is could you put up with me for the rest of the time?
There is nothing like a good nag at the old man you know. I have a whole array of torture devices too which I save for the choicest of moments such as the nose picking, the talk sport being to loud ( ie. on at all) or the snoring etc.... :iconbiggrin: :wink: I'm really quite evil and not much gets past me, which is why he will treasure this gift more than any I have made him before.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

i decorate my mum's xmas cake every year since she started working. this year she's been working less, but she's very ill at the moment and i love doing her cake lol!

james helps his brothers with their house renovations and his dad with the car. i fix clothes; sew on buttons if my mum doesnt have time, mend holes, i've recently even darned my FIL's socks because he refuses to buy new ones and his girlfriend (age 57) doesnt know how to darn and is sick of seeing his toes lol!!!!

me and mum do a kid swap occasionally. i get my 13 yo sister, mum has sophie. not at the same time though.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

oldjerry

[quote="Keaniebean"]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is nothing like a good nag at the old man you know.

Mrs. OJ is Italian..........trust me, you're all amateurs!!!!

crowsashes

nothing! ive done enough :lol:

actually im not doing presents this year. they are never appreciated or even used so ... im saving myself alot of stress and upset .

as for gifts id like to receive.... ( for inspiration of course :P )

-breakfast in bed. as rare as it is its still awesome :-D
- week off doing the washing
- some one to cut the hedge and front lawn
- some one to go and do my food shopping for me ... just once, list will be provided