crawly things in my rum

Homebrew, cordials, cheese, dehydrating, smoking and soap making. An area for all problems to be asked, tips to be given and procedures shared.
fenris
Tom Good
Tom Good

crawly things in my rum

hello,

i've had some gorse flowers stewing in rum for a couple of weeks. smells wonderful. there were a lot of black crawling things in the bag of flowers after i picked them, very thin things about 4mm long maybe, and a few made it into the rum. since it's going to be strained i dont mind, but i was wondering if they would have any effect on the rum, maybe they break down into something that's bad for you? i'm sure the booze would kill off most bad stuff but wanted to check as i'm such a newbie.

any advice appreciated :icon_smile:

red
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: crawly things in my rum

rum being so strong, i imagine it wont make any different. just make em spit it back out :lol:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Remember the cactus worm in Tequila? Your black wriggly things have long since been sterilised by the alcohol - oh, and preserved. Maybe you could make a game out of it - you know, blind gorse rum tasting :lol: :lol:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

fenris
Tom Good
Tom Good

death by rum isnt the worst way to go anyway :drunken: