selfsufficient houseboat

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Jurgen Huber

selfsufficient houseboat

Hi everybody,
I am new, just discovered this forum. I have spend over the last few years developing a selfsufficient houseboat 'bauhaus' and had her build. Have a look at my website and tell me what you think?
Well obviously only compliments please.
Website deleted by admin
cheers,

Jurgen :flower:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: selfsufficient houseboat

I agree and £125k too :shock: . Gone but not forgotten :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

huber jurgen
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi everybody, but in particular the admin team, Richierobins and green Aura,
well, I am a bit disappointed about the response I got from you guys. If you would have cared reading parts of my website you may would if found it interesting. I wanted to use this forum to share the experience I gained building bauhaus barge.There are a lot of useful links to companies producing inverters, solarpanels, charge controlers and so on. Yes, the boat is for sale but this is not a crime I ceated the website before I intented to sell but I have too now. I am not a spammer ! I wanted to have genuine feedback on something I spend a long time, YEARS over. I proved with this barge that selfsufficient in terms of energy is possible in London and that nobody has to wait another 100 years to live selfsufficient in confort. Anyhow, enough for now, have to get drunk and beat the christmas rush. By the way apart from loving Bauhaus as a style I love the band :flower:
cheers,
Jurgen

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Ah Jurgen - don't be offended.

Our poor moderators have lots of spam to deal with and do an amazing job of protecting us mere mortals from the evil spambums. If you stick around and join in our conversations for a while then we will all get to see your website.

I am only sticking up for you because you mentioned Bauhaus the band. They were my favourite ever. Am I showing my age or what?

Zoe

pelmetman

Bauhaus are they a ukulele band :mrgreen:

I quite like the thought of a selfsufficient house boat :thumbright: ..........Having lived on a boat in the past :pirate:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

huber jurgen wrote:Hi everybody, but in particular the admin team, Richierobins and green Aura,
well, I am a bit disappointed about the response I got from you guys. If you would have cared reading parts of my website you may would if found it interesting.
Hi Jurgen (from another of admin team),
Maybe if you had read OUR website, particularly the section aimed at new members you would have seen that web links are allowed, but only when you have made 25 posts ... to prove that you are genuinely interested in our forum and not an opportunist.
Sorry if we have offended you, but those are the rules.

Assuming that you are the former, then welcome to our forum. :wave:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

boboff

Yes get posting so I can see your link!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

huber jurgen
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi again, hi admin,

I should have spend more time reading the small print.... Anyhow, for the bauhaus fans you may like to read Industrial evolution by Mick Fish, not a great deal on Bauhaus but still it’s a fun read about the Sheffield and London Music scene in the 80s.
Regarding why I first burst into this forum. Well, somebody asked about tracking the sun to get more out of solar panels. Cant find the section now…one way around this problem at least in the Northern/Sothern Hemisphere is (if you got a bit of space, make some space) to have the solar panel upright facing south but have a reflective surface on the floor. The sunlight will hit the panels from two angles, this arrangement will provide you, particularly in mornings and evenings, with more power per square meter than tracking the sun. The better the reflective surface the more power you get. I tested it on many occasions and installed solar panels on my boat south facing side, being in the water it :hugish: works a treat which is demonstrated in the data below:
On the 08/02/2011 we had a clear sunny day, but it was 2º Celsius minus, the panels on the roof were covered in frost producing no energy. However, the panels on the cabin side were clear and produced already 110 watts at 8:30am, at 10:37am with the roof panels still frozen up the panels on the side were producing 380 watts. These 3 panels are rated at 144W each i.e. 432 watts together this means we nearly had the peak power. All solar panels on bauhaus are polycrystalline and some 18m² roof is covered, as the above data shows you will get the best of both worlds.

greenorelse
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

huber jurgen wrote:somebody asked about tracking the sun to get more out of solar panels
Do It Yourself 12 Volt Solar Power has a neat solution using bicycle wheels.
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

greenorelse
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

greenorelse wrote:
huber jurgen wrote:somebody asked about tracking the sun to get more out of solar panels
Do It Yourself 12 Volt Solar Power (ISBN 1-85623-039-2) has a neat solution using bicycle wheels.
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

huber jurgen
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I know the book, very useful indeed. T :cheers: racking the sun is an option but if you got space and you can somehow accomadate a higly reflective surface you dont need to track! Just put your PV panel into an upright position south facing (obviously no obstructions) and have a mirrow on the ground, well something reflective. You harvest the sun now twice, from two angles. much more efficient then tracking the sun (only in the right setup).

Jurgen