Had surgery, doing fine :)

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Had surgery, doing fine :)

I had carpel tunnel surgery last week as a day case. all went well and I'm doing fine, but was rather disconcerted that even in a private hospital (local nhs ones all oversubscribed and I was a severe case) one finds stuff like this...

that was my bed control panel thing. jim checked all the inner wires for me before use but it still made me laugh!

I'm already feeling the benefit, but the hand is still very bruised and has stitches and whatnot. all went incredibly well though, and the surgeon even used a slightly different anaesthetic oweing to my lidocaine/lignicaine resistance which the anaesthetist had actually heard of! nobody ever bloody believes me until they start cutting and i can feel it all, but this guy did!

I'm finding life hard right now, and can't do up my own bra or lift anything with my right hand, but i have regained pincer movement and can now ball my fingers too. it was well worth it. bring on the next one.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

spider8

Re: Had surgery, doing fine :)

Glad everything went well although I misread the first bit and wondered why you have a carpeted tunnel :roll: Anyway, take it easy and slow and don't try and do too much too soon (yes, I know it's impossible). My hubbie's broken leg is mending well but he's eager to get 'back to normal' and is pushing his luck a bit.....how long before the next surgery?
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

mrsflibble

about 4-6 weeks according to my consultant. depends on healing of the first one!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very

The Riff-Raff Element

mrsflibble wrote:I had carpel tunnel surgery last week as a day case. all went well and I'm doing fine, but was rather disconcerted that even in a private hospital (local nhs ones all oversubscribed and I was a severe case) one finds stuff like this...
I thought you were refering to the bedspread! I was all set up to mutter something about "just because it's private doesn't mean it's an arbiter of good taste" when I realised. Get well quickly.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Glad things have gone well. Good luck for the next one.

Zoe

mrsflibble

The Riff-Raff Element wrote:
mrsflibble wrote:I had carpel tunnel surgery last week as a day case. all went well and I'm doing fine, but was rather disconcerted that even in a private hospital (local nhs ones all oversubscribed and I was a severe case) one finds stuff like this...
I thought you were refering to the bedspread! I was all set up to mutter something about "just because it's private doesn't mean it's an arbiter of good taste" when I realised. Get well quickly.
lol, jim says he's taking tape with him next time just in case I'm in the same room again hahahaha!

celticmyth
Tom Good
Tom Good

Good luck with the healing xxx
Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper