Is it too late...?

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
Han&Matt
Tom Good
Tom Good

Is it too late...?

... to plant some chitted potatoes? We have only started on our allotment this year and have spent much time digging digging digging thus somewhat behind on tales of harvests. Sigh. Still, just too tempting to plants little plants in the now weed-less-ish soil and so have been down the local nursery and bought up the remaining seed potatoes, corn plants, and winter cabbage plants. Rabbits got the latter, corn doing ok (well at least it's still there), and potatoes in the ground - however recognise this is v late :oops:

Will we have anything to see (or eat) in September? Am I to live off tomatoes to the rest of the year (got them in early)?! Can disorganised, slightly fortgetful, 'just-started-new-business-and-am-up-to-eyeballs-in-paperwork' people ever make good self-sufficient(ish)ers?!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

AS long as you protect them later in the year you should be ok, might not grow to a huge size. I have heard of people planting potatoes late in order to have home grown new potatoes on christmas day.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

yeah.. i've heard of the christmas day tatties but these were grown in a big pot. Thought I might try it myself this year actually.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/