Raspberry Dessert

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Durgan
A selfsufficientish Regular

Raspberry Dessert

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?TQYWH 15 September 2012 Raspberry Dessert
Fresh picked raspberries were made into a delicious dessert. Weight was 30 ounces.The berries were put through the Champion Juice to remove the seeds.The output is a fine dessert, but may be North Americanized by putting a gob of canned whip cream atop.I don’t believe the seeds should be ingested by humans.

GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Raspberry Dessert

Stick the residue into your next batch of soft-fruit wine. A bit of extra body from the pulp sticking to the seeds.

Couldn't have raspberry jam without the seeds, wouldn't be the same.
Curently collecting recipes for The Little Book of Liqueurs..

Durgan

GeorgeSalt wrote:Stick the residue into your next batch of soft-fruit wine. A bit of extra body from the pulp sticking to the seeds.

Try eating a fine spoonful of sand. It is almost identical to raspberry seeds, but probably not as sharp edged.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Durgan wrote:
GeorgeSalt wrote:Stick the residue into your next batch of soft-fruit wine. A bit of extra body from the pulp sticking to the seeds.

Try eating a fine spoonful of sand. It is almost identical to raspberry seeds, but probably not as sharp edged.
Ah, now I understand.
When I was young and lived with my grandparents, I remember that blackberries, raspberries and loganberries all had to be sieved to get the seeds out and those fruits were made into jelly rather than jam, because of the agony in getting a seed under their dentures.
Strawberries I think were OK and blueberries were unknown to them.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.