Alpacca Wool

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
prison break fan
A selfsufficientish Regular

Alpacca Wool

I have just been given 11balls of undyed Alpacca wool, and would welcome any advice as to what to use it for. It has been homespun and plyed into a quite chunky yarn. They weigh about 50g each. I would hate to waste it. I can follow knitting patterns but am not very creative these days! Thankyou in advance! pbf.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alpacca Wool

Alpaca wool is far superior to sheeps wool, much lighter and warmer and tends to keep you drier if you are out in the rain in your jumper, they don't rely on lanolin for waterproofing, the fibres are hollow. I have several alpaca wool jumpers, I don't know how much wool you need, but a chunky knit jacket/cardigan would be lovely. I am sitting watching telly under my mini duvet filled with Teddy Alpaca fibre (Teddy is the alpaca in my avatar)

prison break fan

Re: Alpacca Wool

Thankyou diggernot dreamer, Teddy looks lovely! and the duvet sounds a brilliant idea, I shall suggest it to my neighbour. I don't think I would have enough wool for a sweater, it's about 550g. I spelt Alpaca wrong!! pbf.