What do you think?

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

What do you think?

Was thinking about doing something with this page http://www.selfsufficientish.com/measures.htm

it is our weights and measures page, but I am not sure how useful it really is. Is it easy to understand and use?

While I am at it is there anything else that could be changed on the main site?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

What were you thinking of doing to it? I think it's quite handy actually, as I have an old fashioned cook book from the 60s which often has measures like gills! My poor husband is the one who has to reach for the calculator to work that one out for me into ml. Now I have jotted it down and shall note it in that cookbook.

If you want a suggestion it is perhaps to do a conversion of US cups for things like flour and sugar - I always find that a nightmare but I do look at lots of recipe sites which are American - I like trying out yummy recipes like pumpkin pie, but the working out is always a bit haphazard!!

gill didsbury
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

what do you think?

Hi Andy,
I think it looks great :-}

How about telling us what a "stick" of butter is? Americans say a stick of butter and I have no idea what it is :cheers:

Thanks
Gill

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I might do another page with oz - metric - Usa measurments on it. That could be pretty useful. A stick of butter is 25g, well thats what i always use and stuff turns out ok. :mrgreen:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

alcina
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

How about also explaination of old(ish) measuring systems? For example how many pints there are in a (UK/US) gallon. Although converting to metric can work, somtimes you're quite happy to work in imperial when following old recipes...only you're not too sure just how many pints there are in a quart! Just a quick look-up table.

I also second the "translation" of US measuring sizes!

Alcina

shiney

I think it's a brilliant idea Andy. We are always having to look up things like that for my son's homework/recipes etc.

Nice one!
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/