Thought the forum was lost!!

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thought the forum was lost!!

Um i don't know if this is me not being techy enough, but when i used the main link on the front page to get to the forum, it said 'page not found'. When i used the little link at the top of the front page to get to the forum, page was found!!

Don't know if there's a linkage problem there...i was worried...a whole day without ish. It doesn't bear thinking about...

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Not sure Fee... it's been working ok for me but then I've been dejunking my house today and just left it logged on from this morning (how ungreen!!!! :oops: )

Could just be a glitch from the big move over though.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Pilsbury
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

yep ive had peoblems, i had to copy and paste a notification email and get here that way,
Never trust a skinny chef
www.handmademeat.co.uk

Shirley

Ahhh... just checked the link from the main site... tis the same problem we had last changearound... Forum instead of forum... will pass it on to the Andy man.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

red

yep I spent all day assuming forum was down as the link from the front page was not working. only when himself logged on a different way did i notice. so i guess lots of people out there are still outside!
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Millymollymandy

I don't go via the front page but straight into the forum - nearly always via clicking on an email notification of a post I was watching for replies.

That way I haven't had any problems at all.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm also finding that when i log in, all the whirly bits are blue, even though there's new posts.

Then, if someone posts while i'm logged in, the whirly bit goes orange, so its telling me the new ones whilst i'm logged in, but not the new ones since i last visited.
Last edited by the.fee.fairy on Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah yes the front page link, will have to sort that out.

Still being redirected to petitgourmand.com at the moment which is why there is an some issues with the new post stuff. Should all be sorted soon. cheers for sticking with us through the server transition. Has taken longer than I expected!
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I couldn't be without you guys!!

I don't mean to sound like i'm nagging or pointing out problems either...cos i'm not!

baldowrie

I am having no problem going into the forum but I have to log in each and every time though

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

baldowrie wrote:I am having no problem going into the forum but I have to log in each and every time though
I was having this problem until I remembered that my browser is set to delete all the cookies every time I close it. I'm using Firefox and can protect some cookies from this; I had to add the cookie labeled 'selsuffic_forum_data' to the protected list. Problem solved.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

baldowrie

my browser is not set to delete cookies, and all other forums log in auto amatically