Comupting for toddlers

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Comupting for toddlers

I'd quite like to get some really simple - move the mouse type - 'games' for E.

I think that she can understand now, that there is a purpose in touching the keys and the mouse pad (we only have a laptop) I am coming round to the idea that a computer is a tool, like any other - you give a child a crayon to draw, why not give them a computer to learn what it can do...

I was thinking of a dogz type game - where you move the cursor and the dog follows it... then you can feed it and get certain sounds, get the idea?

Also my 'puter is on the old and slow side... the simpler the better

I am not going to pay for anything or use dodgy free download sites.... any ideas?
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

try www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies there's lots of toddler friendly games on there, or get something like Peggle where you position the curser and then press buttons to fire a ball at a load of pegs; it makes fun noises and I can vouch for it's toddler friend;ly-ness. Soph loves it.

Also I'd recommend getting Ballistic, but I can't think where I got my copy from as it's years and years old.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thankyou, but I have already tried Cbeebies... my computer is to crappy, it goes very slowly and jumpy... Plus, wot with having no TV, E hasn't got a clue who any of them are :?

I don't know ballistic - but sounds like a plan :mrgreen:

Thanks
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Bonniegirl

There are some very good pre-school programmes for sale. We had some in my pre-school and they were very easy to use. But I can't remember for the life of me what they were called though.

Try ringing your local nursery school and see what they recommend.
The Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young!

Magpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

We also have a laptop, and found it worthwhile buying an external keyboard and mouse to plug in, for those excitable moments...

Most of our games for littlies are ancient, and therefore probably unavailable to buy. I wonder if your local library lends out games? Or video shop?