'Slow Down and Green Up' on the radio

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Martin
A selfsufficientish Regular

apart from the blasted "music for bedwetters" track that's on at the moment - Coldplay - yucchhhh, I trod in some once! :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Martin

me Hisraelites! - that's better! :cheers:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.

Shirley

hey - there is a webcam too :mrgreen:

Waving at ya!!!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Martin

I reckon she's doing a damn good job! - its a bit reminiscent of my local BBC radio station as it used to be..........intelligent, articulate broadcasting - (Southern Counties Radio, which has recently had a "purge", and replaced the whole team with a bunch of downmarket thickets!) :wink:

Shirley

I agree Martin....

Thank heavens it's available on the internet...!!

Really enjoyed it - and not cos it's an isher out there, but just because it was well presented and intelligent but also FUN!
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Tracey Smith wrote:The hardest part is, as you come up to the news.

You have to pick a song that ends with enough time for the news jingle to play, then fade down music and whack in the news!

There is a chart, that shows record times (ie 3 minutes 3.01 3.02 etc) and it shows you at exactly what second you have to start playing the final song, so that you have 9 seconds for the news jingle before the news comes on the top of the hour
Don't you hate this kind of religion about time? Who cares if the news is 6.5 seconds late? What difference does it make? Extend your philosophy to make sure the news misses it's sacred spot; do it in your own time, when it's appropriate.

You know it makes sense.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

bit slow on the uptake here! Is there going to be a listen again option?

Well done though Tracey pro active as ever.

If you need to talk to a couple of people who are fanatical about green issues in the south west and run a website dedicated to being not self sufficient but self sufficientish I am sure I could sort something out :wink:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Millymollymandy

Oh bum! I'm so cross I've gone and missed it! :(

Shirley

She'll be on again next week!!! Same time, same place :mrgreen:
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Tracey Smith
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Tracey Smith Greens it Up on the Airwaves

Hi All,

Blushing great thanks for your support today! I am so pleased you enjoyed it....apart from the Coldplay track, sorry 'bout that Martin :cooldude:

I really like them - Chris Martin is an outstanding musician and strong supporter of the green and Fair Trade movements - we need as many 'celebs' beating the drum making it trendy, as possible.

Andy - you are already on my list of people to interview - I think you have done an incredible job with ssish and have tapped into a massive and continually growing market - when can you come down to Taunton?

Drop me an email and we can sort it out.

Could I offer one of your lovely Organic Cotton Fair Trade bags as a prize? Shiney bought me one - they are smashing and I take my 'stuff' to work in it.

:flower:

I have some really nice competition prizes up for grabs over the coming weeks and also want to highlight some of the hardworking small companies out there promoting green products - if you have a recommendation, please drop me a line and I will check it out.

Also, if you 'are' a green company and can spare something for review, or as a competition prize, I will give it a good run for its money and if it hits the eco-mark for me, I will help spread the word on the radio and in my writing.

The more we can all do to take the freaky out of eco, the better!

I hope to get my brain and mouth working together again next Wednesday :mrgreen: .....this week had its moments I can tell you.

One massive upside to doing live radio is all the adrenaline that pumps through you while you are doing it - I was as high as a kite and at the end of the show, discovered I was sitting in a pool of my own melted fat...handy really, as I soon have to squeeze my ample butt into a Hag of Honour dress for our Shiney.....

:cheers:

Thanks again for your feedback, give me a duff ranking too if you thought it - I need all the help I can get to present a coherent programme. These are serious issues and I am so motivated to get the message out there, it's just hard taking care not to fall over your own tongue in the process :roll:
Tracey Smith

Author of 'The Book of Rubbish Ideas'
http://www.BookOfRubbishIdeas.co.uk

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracey Smith Greens it Up on the Airwaves

I afraid I am with Martin on the coldplay issue. - when it comes to music I don't give two stuffs about their ethics or actions. - but yes if its celebs needed to make some noise then perhaps we need more of them. - Did you know Daryl Hannah is off grid?

We could give away some bags as a prize, don't see why not also for the interview we could sort something out remotely perhaps? Recording a phone interview on mp3 or something? - could you drop me a mail as yours keeps changing not sure where to send it.

Live radio is a buzz though isin't - I supose you have heard my classic story from my live radio interview? - I spelt selfufficientish wrong. doh!
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

kenboak
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

'Slow Down and Green Up' on the radio

Tracey,

Will try to catch you next week - saw your plug too late , but have the internet service playing now.

Only Two Hours a week! - that's slightly less than R2's Mark Radcliffe (joke).

Did you know that you have an electric car manufacturer in Hatch Beauchamp, Nr. Taunton and there's always Tinker's Bubble near Norton Sub-Hambdon, if you want to meet some very interesting eco-enthusiasts. They even have their own apple orchards and vintage Cider press. :drunken:

They believe in manual labour over mechanisation, don't use IC engines, but do have a very nice steam engine (running on waste wood ) that runs their sawmill.

Eco-living at its purist.

Good luck with the show,

Ken

Shirley

Reminder that this is on again this morning NOW if you missed it last week... try and listen today. It's definitely worth it!
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Martin

where's she gone? :roll:
Has she taken her own advice to slow down, and dropped off? :?

PurpleDragon

Well, I listened till 11am and didn't hear yu at all - I reckon I was listening to the wrong station. Idiot. I tell you - I need a flippin minder. :angry7:
PurpleDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no snooze button on a hungry cat