Stop global emmisions

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stop global emmisions

Visit this and sign the petition

http://iw.rtm.com/ed/undoit_petition_1. ... =uredirect

Not sure if these petitions make that much difference, but it cannot hurt.

What will definetly make a difference is if everyone took stock of how they live their lives and changed it. Check out which companies are the biggest polluters and boycot them. Incidently in the UK the CO-OP has decided to only use renewable electricity in all of it its stores, offices and funeral homes. Now that has be a better policy than other companies that pollute more than they need to, which of course I wont mention (T***o and Asda).
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Moonbutto

Save energy

If you want to stop the amount that you pollute then cut what energy you use.

I put cardboard covered tin foil behind my radiators, I have turned my hot water on the bolier down and I car pool to get to work.

Simple ideas and if everyone did them, so much more energy would be saved.

Trowel man
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Save energy

A dripping hot tap can use loads of energy too.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

radiators

Another tip is to put cardboard covered in tin foil behind your radiators. this refects the heat back into the room rather than to the wall.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

moonbutton
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

What costs what

I got a postcard through this morning from an electrical company. It lists the costs of household appliances. A washing machine was the most expensive at 17.5p an hour. Cooker was next most expensive then hair dryer.

If you use that as a guide, then if you turn your washing machine down to a cooler wash, use a pressure cooker or fan oven and let your hair dry naturally. This will help the environment and save money. It perhaps could even save you the difference in price of swapping to a green electricity supplier. That means you have no excuse not to switch.
moonbutton
it is up to all of us to save our planet, it is the only one we have

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

That doesn't surprise me, the biggest electricity bills I ever had were in shared house where a bloke that lived there had the washing machine on every day, he would shower every day and use a hairdryer to dry his hair AND he and another housemate would constantly have the oven on for Jacket Potatoes that they would cook for 2 hours. He was borderline Obsessive compulsive Disorder I think, I once opened the washing machine to find he had washed a single pair of pants, bloody nightmare.

spyhunter
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

House mate

That sounds like my partners profile. We ended up getting a dish washer recently, I tried to protest but to no avail. He becomes quite obsessed to. I managed to talk him out of leaving the plastic on the new sofa and I dare not spill a drop on it. I just thank god I have my studio, we would have long since broken up had I painted in the house. :?

Emma
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

painting

What do you paint Spyhunter. Is there anywhere I can view your work?

spyhunter
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello Emma Mostly abstract art and I am trying to get my work exhibited around Liverpool/Birkenhead. I had an installation in Wallasey a few years back, but nothing since then.

I will let you know if I do exhibit soon.