Skype piano lessons

Either you have a related website or you want to promote a website, whatever, stick it here. Adult related and other dodgy stuff will be deleted. Otherwise, carry on and tell us about yourselves. Please don't make this your only post, if your company does fit in then we believe you will too.
Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Skype piano lessons

My new plan is to work from home teaching piano via Skype which is Ideal for students worldwide who live remotely.

I'm currently Head Of Music at an international school. I also run a music school and teach piano. I spend 10 hours a week in the car traveling to and from work. I want to break away from this monster I've created and have more time for myself, my farmhouse and my garden, and still pay the mortgage, here's the plan!

Check out my website and pass on the word

www.musiclessonsanywhere.net

There's also a Facebook page

Wish me luck!

citizentwiglet
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Skype piano lessons

Good idea! Very best of luck with your venture.
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

Rosendula

I don't ever call myself a "pianist", I just say I "have a go" on the keyboard. My first "lessons" were from the internet. The first 6 were free, and were very basic, pointing out how the keys are arranged, and where to find middle C. It certainly got me started, but as I couldn't afford more lessons (and didn't really have the inclination to be taught any more), I just muddled through so that I can now play a few basic tunes. I think what you are doing will really help some people who find it hard to fit formal lessons in around their day-to-day lives. If my daughter ever wants to learn more than I can teach her, I will remember this post and get in touch.
Rosey xx

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thank you both xx I'm finding advertising difficult, the first problem is I've never had to hunt for work before and the second is advertising worldwide, where's best place to put the little money you have on advertising. Hopefully word of mouth will spread, I'll keep going in the hope of handing in my notice and ducking out of my crazy bonkers life!

southeast-isher

Biscombe wrote:the first problem is I've never had to hunt for work before and the second is advertising worldwide!
you could try promoting yourself on groups on Facebook - see if you can find some work that way. you would have to choose which groups you advertise in carefully depending on the subject matter.

Rosendula

I was about to say Facebook too. I've put a link to your site on my FB page, but you could do with having your own account with a page dedicated to the business.
Rosey xx

southeast-isher

also i would advertise on gumtree, craigslist, amd perhaps twitter... all can be done for free if you don't go for bells and whistles.

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thanks again all, thanks for linking Rosendula xx I've never had to tout for work before, when you are linked to a school it's easy, but out there on your own it's a different story! Also a lot of people aren't even open to even trying a lesson on Skype even though it works like a dream.

I'm on Craiglist and Gumtree but all the advertising for teachers is area based, still worth an ad though so I'm a piano teacher in San Fransisco!

A potential parent contacted me from Craiglist but it turned out to be a scam, send be your bank details and I'll pay 2 months in advance, yeah right!!

Just done the newsagents and notice boards in Exeter as I'm here for a long weekend visiting the inlaws.

I've got a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MusicLessonsAnywhere, please nip along there and like.

Linkedin seems to be a good resource. I'll keep pushing and hopefully I'll just need a few students for word to spread!

Thanks all xx It really is good to get feedback and talk this through

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Done it! quit my job, freedom!

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

What a great idea

I used to have sax lessons via skype

It works really well

Good luck
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment