pepper plants

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

pepper plants

I have grown peppers and chillis from seed this year and they have been doing really well. I started them all off on a windowsill inside but put 2 of the peppers outside about 10 days ago. They are still growing strong but the leaves , in parts have faded to a greeny yellow. Does anyone know why? :flower:

Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: pepper plants

IME they don´t like too much water....and that´s here where it gets HOT. How often are you watering?
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hmmmmmmm I think that maybe what I am doing wrong then. I am watering pretty much every day. I will try and leave them out when I water and see what happens. Thanks. :flower:

Fizzy Izzy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

My peppers have the same problem! Useful to know - thanks Clara.
Smile :)

flushgord
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I've got some peppers in the greenhouse and some in the conservatory. The ones in the greenhouse have some brown marks on the leaves - is this mildew? and they also look like something has been eating them - big chunks out the top most leaves - I can't see any kind of bug of them other than an odd whitefly - could this be those horrible red backed bugs that are flying around in their thousands at the moment. The conservatory ones look fine.

Derry
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

we grew bell peppers in a pot out the front of our house last year. it was a plant we bought, started it off in the greenhouse, and then pretty much left it out all summer. cutest little peppers, but they never really got big enough to eat =/

this year we've grown from some seed, theyre about 6 inches tall. ganna have to put them in bigger pots soon and find somewhere for them to go

flushgord
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I grew quite a few last year - cayenne and bell. I started them off in one of those plastic 3 tier greenhouses and then transplanted them to the allotment where they did really well in my raised beds. I also put 4 in a grobag on the front of the house, gets afternoon and evening sun which did reasonably well - plenty of fruits just not the same size as the ones you see for sale. Tasted good though :wink:
This is my first year with a greenhouse (second hand) so I'm still learning.